[Sprint] Cyanogenmod - experience so far?

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up an HTC One (Sprint) yesterday and would like to install CM. I was using it previously on my GS3, but there were a few notable drawbacks with CM on that phone. For example, battery life took a huge hit. Even worse, signal reception was markedly worse on CM versus the stock rom.

Due to my hatred for TW, I was willing to deal with those issues on the GS3; but i'm wondering if there are similar problems with CM (or other AOSP roms) on the sprint HTC One. What has been your experience so far? Are there any nagging issues and/or huge drawbacks to running CM on the HTC One?

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I will be interested to hear opinions as well. I'm unlocked, rooted and still on stock and weighing my options on jumping into a 4.2.2 based ROM or some of the slow going 4.3 ROMs. Other hand I ask myself if I should wait a bit longer for official 4.3 to drop and then let the devs do their magic on 4.3?

Either way I'm a long time Nexus and AOSP/CM/AOKP user. Now however after years of that I'm enjoying my experience on Sense and wouldn't mind running a mildly modded Sense ROM.

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
well, I decided to bite the bullet and try out CM. Unfortunately, as I feared, there are a few immediate deal breakers here for me:

1. There is full 1-2 second lag when pressing the power button to turn on the screen
2. Though i had FULL 4g Signal strength in my current location on sense, I have ~ -111 dBm 34 asu on CM. Very weak.
3. There's a bug that causes data to fail every time you power on until you turn LTE on and off again

I experienced very similar issues on CM with my gs3; but I was willing to make the sacrifice since stock Samsung is so awful. However, I don't mind sense 5 so much, so this is a much tougher sell for me. I think i'll switch back and simply root/remove bloat (my main motivation for switching roms was to remove sprint's crapware).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc