Bricked my Sprint HTC One, what are some suggestions on fixing it.

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I feel like I have used up all my resources on trying to get my Sprint HTC One back to stock.
Last night I was able to unlock it with no trouble. I didn't realize this would wipe out all my media as well. (not the issue)
So I was going to go and install Benny's Cleanrom and I used Superwipe to clear all the cache and everything that was being restored from the back up. I flashed the Superwipe Rom and it seemed to have gotten the job done, but it also wiped out my OS.

So now I have been stuck with the ability of accessing bootloader and recovery, I am using TWRP right now. None of my pc's recognize my phone when I try to mount it. The phone also shows errors when I try to do so, coming up stating that it cannot mount anything except usb otg. I don't have a USB OTG cable right to use, so that option is still out the window.

I have tried this method multiple times but ADB was not working. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317989

I have tried the Fastboot method, which had me relocking the phone and running the ruu. Though since I am on the latest version 1.3, the 1.2.9 RUU I was trying to use kept on failing. When doing it through Hasoon's AIO tool it seems that the ruu works when I flash the ruu zip. Though running it the first time it would show up that it failed, but when I re-flash it the second time on the cmd line it shows successful though on the phone the green bar never completes it and it stays at like 95% and doesn't complete the install on the phone.

If someone knows how to get my phone back to stock I would be very appreciative. I am new to rooting on the HTC One, I previously rooted my Evo 3D and my girls SG2.

If someone wants to help me out with team viewer, I will gladly allow anyone to assist me in that matter. I am just hoping that this can be resolved.

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
The adb sideload feature would not work with twrp for some reason. I don't know why it wouldnt but it just doesnt. It doesn't see my device, I triple checked to see that all the files are installed for the htc driver, and for the sdk. The only issue I have had with both my win 7 64 computers is that the HTC_BMP drivers do not install since an error comes up stating about that there was a network error

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The adb sideload feature would not work with twrp for some reason. I don't know why it wouldnt but it just doesnt. It doesn't see my device, I triple checked to see that all the files are installed for the htc driver, and for the sdk. The only issue I have had with both my win 7 64 computers is that the HTC_BMP drivers do not install since an error comes up stating about that there was a network error
Hey Big did you get it working yet? Hit me up at Scotts if you still need help

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Idk metle, that would be inconvenient if that is the case, since the only 32 bit os I have access to is xp, and that system is limping along. Benny, I will try to find you on Scotts site. Most of the searching I have done to resolve this didn't really seem to aid me. The only thing I got on it right now is TWRP, and the computer recognizes it since fastboot does go into fastboot usb when connected.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Have my you tried re downloading the drivers? Sometimes you simply get bad drivers also if your running firewalls and heavy security programs they could be blocking the download path

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Fixing this isn't so hard, but may take a bit of patience. I'd like to note that I was in EXACTLY this position last thursday, and did get it working again. I'd like to also note that I had the same issue with ADB - I couldn't get it working under any circumstances in my win8 partition. The bad news: you must have ADB up and running. Don't expect to unbrick without it. The good news is, there's an easy/painless way to do this:

What you need to do is install Ubuntu. Its very quick and easy, don't let this stop you - It doesn't have to be a clean, partitioned install - just install it inside of Windows (put the Live CD in your drive while Windows is running, and go through the Windows version of the Ubuntu installer). No re-partitioning, dual booting, etc. required. This is not the most efficient way to run Ubuntu, but all you really need here is Terminal access; Ubuntu's performance doesn't matter. This is very easy; you shouldn't see the task as daunting. Let me know if you need any help with this.

Once you've got Ubuntu running, you'll need to set up ADB to work in Ubuntu (install JDK and Android SDK). There are plenty of guides to accomplish this on the internet. Its quite easy to do this using the Terminal. I used the following guide. Note that its actually meant for the Nook Tablet, but the only step that is specific to that device is Step 6. So, follow this guide but disregard step 6: [HOW-TO] Set up SDK/ADB on Ubuntu 11.10 | 32 & 64 bits - xda-developers

*Note that if your device isn't detected with "./adb devices" as mentioned in step 6, you should just try stopping the ADB server ("./adb kill-server"), then running the Devices command again (this solved it for me). however, the "USB Vendor ID" listed in that guide won't help you for this device.

Once you've got ADB set up, you'll want to boot into TWRP. Test ADB again by using the command "./ADB Devices".

Disregard this paragraph if you have a working TWRP already....but, if you no longer have access to TWRP, it's easy to reinstall the recovery - just go through HTC's bootloader unlock process on HTC Dev again, and re-flash TWRP the same as the first time you installed it. note that you'll actually need a new "Unlock_Code.bin" file from HTC, so be sure to go through the entire HTC process again (instead of just reflashing the .bin file they already sent you).

Anyway, once you've confirmed adb detects your device and you've launched TWRP, run the following commands:

./adb shell
echo "1.29.651.10" | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p19 bs=1 seek=160
./adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem lock (note: if you can't run this command in your Ubuntu terminal, its safe to reboot your computer to Windows and run it there. But don't touch your phone just yet!)

Your HTC One should now be on the bootloader screen with "relocked" displayed on the top. You can boot your computer back into windows now...

Once in windows, download thile file and unzip it to your desktop: [RUU] Sprint HTC One | 1.29.651.10 | Encrypted | Decrypted | Stock Rooted ROM - xda-developers

Run the .exe file, go through the wizard (you'll notice, now, that the RUU version and your Phone's version #'s appear to match at 1.29 now), and leave things be for a bit (took about 25 minutes for me). If this operation completes successfully, You should be back to a "relocked" state (with no "tampered" in the bootloader), stock/un-rooted Rom.

I've written this sort of quickly while at my desk at work - so if anything isn't clear or if you need help, feel free to let me know!

Last edited:

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Fixing this isn't so hard, but may take a bit of patience. I'd like to note that I was in EXACTLY this position last thursday, and did get it working again. I'd like to also note that I had the same issue with ADB - I couldn't get it working under any circumstances in my win8 partition. The bad news: you must have ADB up and running. Don't expect to unbrick without it. The good news is, there's an easy/painless way to do this:

What you need to do is install Ubuntu. Its very quick and easy, don't let this stop you - It doesn't have to be a clean, partitioned install - just install it inside of Windows (put the Live CD in your drive while Windows is running, and go through the Windows version of the Ubuntu installer). No re-partitioning, dual booting, etc. required. This is not the most efficient way to run Ubuntu, but all you really need here is Terminal access; Ubuntu's performance doesn't matter. This is very easy; you shouldn't see the task as daunting. Let me know if you need any help with this.

Once you've got Ubuntu running, you'll need to set up ADB to work in Ubuntu (install JDK and Android SDK). There are plenty of guides to accomplish this on the internet. Its quite easy to do this using the Terminal. I used the following guide. Note that its actually meant for the Nook Tablet, but the only step that is specific to that device is Step 6. So, follow this guide but disregard step 6: [HOW-TO] Set up SDK/ADB on Ubuntu 11.10 | 32 & 64 bits - xda-developers

*Note that if your device isn't detected with "./adb devices" as mentioned in step 6, you should just try stopping the ADB server ("./adb kill-server"), then running the Devices command again (this solved it for me). however, the "USB Vendor ID" listed in that guide won't help you for this device.

Once you've got ADB set up, you'll want to boot into TWRP. Test ADB again by using the command "./ADB Devices".

Disregard this paragraph if you have a working TWRP already....but, if you no longer have access to TWRP, it's easy to reinstall the recovery - just go through HTC's bootloader unlock process on HTC Dev again, and re-flash TWRP the same as the first time you installed it. note that you'll actually need a new "Unlock_Code.bin" file from HTC, so be sure to go through the entire HTC process again (instead of just reflashing the .bin file they already sent you).

Anyway, once you've confirmed adb detects your device and you've launched TWRP, run the following commands:

./adb shell
echo "1.29.651.10" | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p19 bs=1 seek=160
./adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem lock (note: if you can't run this command in your Ubuntu terminal, its safe to reboot your computer to Windows and run it there. But don't touch your phone just yet!)

Your HTC One should now be on the bootloader screen with "relocked" displayed on the top. You can boot your computer back into windows now...

Once in windows, download thile file and unzip it to your desktop: [RUU] Sprint HTC One | 1.29.651.10 | Encrypted | Decrypted | Stock Rooted ROM - xda-developers

Run the .exe file, go through the wizard (you'll notice, now, that the RUU version and your Phone's version #'s appear to match at 1.29 now), and leave things be for a bit (took about 25 minutes for me). If this operation completes successfully, You should be back to a "relocked" state (with no "tampered" in the bootloader), stock/un-rooted Rom.

I've written this sort of quickly while at my desk at work - so if anything isn't clear or if you need help, feel free to let me know!

Thanks We got it going already. This method also works with windows. The best thing to do is to s-off so this is not a problem in the future.

BenHook

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as SKyLe was. My HTC One M7 (Sprint variant) bootloops but I still have TWRP working on it. I tried to return my phone to stock by flashing the ruu after I watched Joshdew's Youtube video on how to return to stock on the HTC One. He had S-on still and it worked for him so I tried it with my bootloader relocked and s-on. The ruu did not work the first time so I tried it again but that still didn't work. My OS was wiped along with everything else besides TWRP and the CyanogenMod bootloop. After I realized I wiped my backup on the phone I unlocked the bootloader again and tried to get a custom rom (Cyanogenmod) back onto it. I finally figured out how to get it on there via adb push in recovery but when I tried to flash it failed saying it could not mount data or internal storage. I have an USB on the go cable on the way but I feel that this might not work as well. I am trying to mount the sd card and internal storage through adb shell but I'm scared of making maters even worse. I plugged my phone into my computer and rebooted into TWRP, I ran adb shell but got this as the response "~ # ←[6n" (without the parentheses). I have not been able to find this anywhere online and was expecting either a simple "#" or "$" to show up. I think I will wait for the OTG cable to arrive and try to flash from a usb stick, I heard that you can take your phone into Sprint and they won't care about software just physical damage, meaning they can either wipe my phone and try to return to stock or will exchange it for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I really need a phone right now for work. Thanks in advance.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as SKyLe was. My HTC One M7 (Sprint variant) bootloops but I still have TWRP working on it. I tried to return my phone to stock by flashing the ruu after I watched Joshdew's Youtube video on how to return to stock on the HTC One. He had S-on still and it worked for him so I tried it with my bootloader relocked and s-on. The ruu did not work the first time so I tried it again but that still didn't work. My OS was wiped along with everything else besides TWRP and the CyanogenMod bootloop. After I realized I wiped my backup on the phone I unlocked the bootloader again and tried to get a custom rom (Cyanogenmod) back onto it. I finally figured out how to get it on there via adb push in recovery but when I tried to flash it failed saying it could not mount data or internal storage. I have an USB on the go cable on the way but I feel that this might not work as well. I am trying to mount the sd card and internal storage through adb shell but I'm scared of making maters even worse. I plugged my phone into my computer and rebooted into TWRP, I ran adb shell but got this as the response "~ # ←[6n" (without the parentheses). I have not been able to find this anywhere online and was expecting either a simple "#" or "$" to show up. I think I will wait for the OTG cable to arrive and try to flash from a usb stick, I heard that you can take your phone into Sprint and they won't care about software just physical damage, meaning they can either wipe my phone and try to return to stock or will exchange it for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I really need a phone right now for work. Thanks in advance.
Thats what you want when in a shell #. Thats the su privilege . have you tried sideloading a rom?

[HOW TO] ADB Sideload/Push if you Wipe Internal Storage And have no ROM to Flash - xda-developers

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Ben is absolutely right, patience is a virtue on this one and just hold out hope and I just had to go step by step with a lot of these instructions on xda. I got it back to stock, unlocked bootloader, rooted it, Got it s-off which also took some patience with learning about adb. And then i flashed Benny's Clean rom which he always does justice for sense by me. I would also search for big daddy on xda and read his posts if you guys are experiencing the same. I also bit the bullet and took it to sprint which they had it for two days and did nothing to it, so i lost out on those days where I could've reprogrammed it. Don't follow suit cause I thought maybe their small machine can just put a new ruu onto the device but they did nothing. Thanks again guys

Posted via Android Central App

BenHook

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Thats what you want when in a shell #. Thats the su privilege . have you tried sideloading a rom?

[HOW TO] ADB Sideload/Push if you Wipe Internal Storage And have no ROM to Flash - xda-developers

I already have tried sideloading via TWRP but I get errors and it fails because it cannot mount sd card/ internal storage. I've been working on my Windows 7 32 bit laptop and I can see my phone when in fastboot mode and see it in adb when in recovery. I think I might have to try Linux and try the echo command there. I really just want it back to working form, stock preferably. I wish this ruu would save me but now I'm here waiting for my USB otg cable. I was considering taking it to a Sprint repair center so they might be able to flash it back to stock but was worried about warranty. I was also looking into some local repair shops but I think I'll fare better by reading up on my issue, my phone has been stuck like this for two days so far and I don't want to hard brick it.

BenHook

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Ben is absolutely right, patience is a virtue on this one and just hold out hope and I just had to go step by step with a lot of these instructions on xda. I got it back to stock, unlocked bootloader, rooted it, Got it s-off which also took some patience with learning about adb. And then i flashed Benny's Clean rom which he always does justice for sense by me. I would also search for big daddy on xda and read his posts if you guys are experiencing the same. I also bit the bullet and took it to sprint which they had it for two days and did nothing to it, so i lost out on those days where I could've reprogrammed it. Don't follow suit cause I thought maybe their small machine can just put a new ruu onto the device but they did nothing. Thanks again guys

Thank you for helping, how did you get it back to stock? I don't care about rooting or having an unlocked boot loader. I just want my phone unbricked. Thanks for the advice, hopefully I can get my phone back to working conditions, I just need to figure out how to mount my internal storage I think, then I should be able to flash any custom rom and leave it be and hopefully a lesson learned.

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Ben if you want you can PM me and we can go from there since I'm fresh from the Battle. Everything I read that you are experiencing is fine, and was what i was dealing with as well. Make sure you have good drivers, what i did was download universal naked drivers which you can get on xda, which should suit anyone

cowkong

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyway you could help another with this step by step process? I've even tried the oem rebootRUU method and still nothing. I've tried all the same steps as all these posts and nothing will work. I'm using a mac if that helps and I'm downloading the RUU that this thread has suggested and I'll see how that goes. Do I have to flash a certain boot.img or recovery.img before I try the whole relocking and then RUU process? I'm desperate and I miss my One. I just want a working phone. Thanks.

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Anyway you could help another with this step by step process? I've even tried the oem rebootRUU method and still nothing. I've tried all the same steps as all these posts and nothing will work. I'm using a mac if that helps and I'm downloading the RUU that this thread has suggested and I'll see how that goes. Do I have to flash a certain boot.img or recovery.img before I try the whole relocking and then RUU process? I'm desperate and I miss my One. I just want a working phone. Thanks.

Do you have ADB/Fastbook working successfully?

msayla2

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks We got it going already. This method also works with windows. The best thing to do is to s-off so this is not a problem in the future.

I'm having the same problem, but can't seem to figure out how to get s-off given that adb is not working and there is no rom installed. How do you get s-off without working adb and no rom installed?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem, but can't seem to figure out how to get s-off given that adb is not working and there is no rom installed. How do you get s-off without working adb and no rom installed?

Install a rooted rom. do you have the latest version of adb installed? If you installed sdk you should be good

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci