HTC One ARHD update problem?

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
hey all, im new here so tell me if ive done something i shouldnt have. :)

okay so, i was on ARHD 21.0 and updated to 30.0. but after the update i noticed that my phone was crashing like mad. messages like "sense has stopped" or what ever has stopped keeps popping up and crashing again and again. i gflashed back to 21.0 and still the same. i had not done a back up before i flashed the update so i was kinda screwed. i made a back up of the 30.0 and did a factory reset with remove data selected. after that the phone went back to normal but with everything gone. after that i flashed the back up thinking it will base it self on the fixed system but it was still the same. i did this a few times but each time deselecting which part of the backto and not to flash ie. select syste,, boot and deselect data or selecting data and not boot or system. but none of them worked. now i flashed the back up normally but all my apps and messages are gone? im kinda pissed at myself but i really hope i can still save it by asking for help here. please help in anyway and no stupid comments please. :)

edit: okay so i was able to restore the phone to before i did the factory reset. i have all my apps messages and whatever but again, its crashing like hell. i was thinking maybe i could do something so that only the system gets reset or something. instead of resetting the whole phone and losing everything? please help, anything will be appreciated. thanks.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Have you wiped at all while doing any of this?

im not sure if you meant that i wiped when i flashed or when i flashed my back up. i did not wipe when i flashed 30.0 as i dont do that when updating roms. but i did wipe when i flashed the back up. im not sure which other wipes you meant..so tell me if you have questions.

- - - Updated - - -

Try fixing permissions in recovery.

Posted via Android Central App

i tried that just then but nothing changed. :/

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
i found another interesting thing. most of the things that make the device crash are all HTC apps, such as HTC sense, sense input, people, phone, messages etc. one of the most common pop up messages is "Unfortunately android.media.process has stopped". and when i press home i get "HTC Sense has stopped". pleeeeeease help me out D; i will be grateful forever!

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Back up the data you want using titanium back up and do a clean install. Wipe phone, install rom and then restore data using titanium back up.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Back up the data you want using titanium back up and do a clean install. Wipe phone, install rom and then restore data using titanium back up.

thats a really good idea, but i dont really have access to any apps since sense keeps crashing, preventing me from getting to the app drawer. one way i found that i could get to my apps was from the play store but even that is crashing with the android.media.process message... well i guess i can keep trying but after ive done that how do i ensure that the backup i made will be kept? i have never actually used TB before so i am not familiar with the application..

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
thats a really good idea, but i dont really have access to any apps since sense keeps crashing, preventing me from getting to the app drawer. one way i found that i could get to my apps was from the play store but even that is crashing with the android.media.process message... well i guess i can keep trying but after ive done that how do i ensure that the backup i made will be kept? i have never actually used TB before so i am not familiar with the application..

If you can get to titanium and backup your apps, which it sounds unlikely if everything constantly crashes, then as long as you don't wipe your internal SD, you will still have your backups. If there's no way you can get to your backup, then you will have to just wipe your phone without the backup and reflash the rom.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
It really sounds like you need to start fresh. You could have had a bad download with version 30. And since you didn't back up 21, I don't know if there's a way to restore that. And you probably shouldn't keep flashing a bad backup.

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
thanks everyone for the replies and helpful comments. i have decided to fully wipe and reflash the rom. i guess its not that big of a deal losing some messages and game contents haha. thanks again guys :)

- - - Updated - - -

If you can get to titanium and backup your apps, which it sounds unlikely if everything constantly crashes, then as long as you don't wipe your internal SD, you will still have your backups. If there's no way you can get to your backup, then you will have to just wipe your phone without the backup and reflash the rom.

i backed up with TB but after factory reset i redownloaded TB and there was no back up fo me to restore so i gave up, i have decided to wipe and start fresh.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
thanks everyone for the replies and helpful comments. i have decided to fully wipe and reflash the rom. i guess its not that big of a deal losing some messages and game contents haha. thanks again guys :)

- - - Updated - - -

i backed up with TB but after factory reset i redownloaded TB and there was no back up fo me to restore so i gave up, i have decided to wipe and start fresh.

Did you make sure you checked the filter for backed up apps? They should be there even through a wipe.