Verizon HTC One Root/ROM question

geterdone11

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I rooted my phone right after it was released for Verizon, using rumrunner S-off. I never even bothered to install a custom recovery. When I had my HTC thunderbolt i would change ROM's and kernels on a weekly basis. Now with my One I've only used root for wifi tetether and to block pandora ads.

I would like to get the Offical 4.4 update when that comes out. SO my question is should I install a recovery and flash a 4.4 ROM or just unroot and stay stock (my phone is stock as of right now) + root and s-off. If i would like to unroot how would i go about that? Do i just install the OTA i keep ignoring or is their an application I can use.

Thanks for the help!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I rooted my phone right after it was released for Verizon, using rumrunner S-off. I never even bothered to install a custom recovery. When I had my HTC thunderbolt i would change ROMs and kernels on a weekly basis. Now with my One I've only used root for wifi tetether and to block pandora ads.

I would like to get the Offical 4.4 update when that comes out. SO my question is should I install a recovery and flash a 4.4 ROM or just unroot and stay stock (my phone is stock as of right now) + root and s-off. If i would like to unroot how would i go about that? Do i just install the OTA i keep ignoring or is their an application I can use.

Thanks for the help!

You can flash a recovery (I'm not sure if there is a specific version for the verizon model) in fastboot. Since you have s off, you can just flash the 4.4 rom straight on in that recovery. I suggest TWRP. Just make sure to backup your current rom and wipe before flashing the 4.4 rom.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I rooted my phone right after it was released for Verizon, using rumrunner S-off. I never even bothered to install a custom recovery. When I had my HTC thunderbolt i would change ROM's and kernels on a weekly basis. Now with my One I've only used root for wifi tetether and to block pandora ads.

Thanks for the help!

I would wait until the official 4.4 comes out and a stock rooted rom is posted. Also with s-off you will be able to flash a firmware package minus the hboot when someone makes one.
Just dont take the OTA you never know what is included and there may be something irreversible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol