HTC One: Stuck in Bootloader and Can't get into Recovery. HELP!!

jondon156

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I've got an HTC One with Sprint running 4.2.2 (3.05.651.6). I unlocked the bootloader and rooted it using qbking77's tutorial. I haven't flashed any ROMs on my phone.

Everything has been working fine until yesterday. I took my phone out of my pocket and it was dead. I charged it up and when I turned it on it was stuck in a boot loop on the htc screen. I can get into bootloader fine and fast boot usb shows up on my phone when connected to the computer, but I can't access my TWRP recovery. It shows TeamWin screen then boot loops again.

I have re flashed the recovery and erased the cache. I have also tried to lock the bootloader using Hasoon2000's HTC One All-In-One Toolkit and by connecting to fastboot and typing in "fast boot oem lock. For the toolkit i get device not found and an error and when using the command prompt I get FAILED (status read failed (No such file or directory)). I think its possible my usb debugging may be off since I can't find any devices using adb but my pdanet can find my phone (which needs usb debugging) so I'm not sure.

If I can get it locked, I can use RUU to get back to stock.

I'm running out of options. I'm thinking I can still flash a non-stock rom to get the phone running again and then relock and go to stock. Any ideas on what my issue is and how to fix it? Any input is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

jondon156

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: HTC One Stuck in Bootloader and Can't get into Recovery. HELP!!

I'm wondering if the Sprint ONE Stock Rooted 3.05.651.6 Odex can be flashed using fastboot or RUU with an unlocked bootloader and root, seeing as its my only option.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

No it needs to be flashed in recovery. Do you have sdk installed on your PC ?

jondon156

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

No it needs to be flashed in recovery. Do you have sdk installed on your PC ?

Well that's an issue since I can't get into recovery only fastboot. I installed SDK Manager and its Android sdk tools and sdk platform-tools. If I could just get the fastboot oem lock command to work then I could use RUU and flash to stock. Or somehow manage to get into recovery and flash my backup.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Well that's an issue since I can't get into recovery only fastboot. I installed SDK Manager and its Android sdk tools and sdk platform-tools. If I could just get the fastboot oem lock command to work then I could use RUU and flash to stock. Or somehow manage to get into recovery and flash my backup.

What OS are you running?

Here is adb fastboot if it makes it easier you can extract the fastboot cmd folder to your desktop and while holding down shift right click the folder and then open comd from here
https://db.tt/dSeBeMak

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

uninstall pdanet and htc sync if you have it instaled and reboot your pc

jondon156

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

What OS are you running?

Here is adb fastboot if it makes it easier you can extract the fastboot cmd folder to your desktop and while holding down shift right click the folder and then open comd from here
https://db.tt/dSeBeMak

I'm on Windows XP, but I've got the same results on Windows Vista and Mac OSX.
I also just uninstalled pdanet and htc sync and reinstalled just the htc drivers. I've had no change in results from either the phone or computer.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

have you rebooted back into the bootloader after running the "fastboot oem lock" cmd and what does it say at the top, RELOCKED?

Lets keep everything here in the thread so we aren't repeating everything twice ...lol

BTW you dont the usb debugging when in fastboot only with adb

Last edited:

jondon156

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

have you rebooted back into the bootloader after running the "fastboot oem lock" cmd and what does it say at the top, RELOCKED?

Lets keep everything here in the thread so we aren't repeating everything twice ...lol

BTW you dont the usb debugging when in fastboot only with adb

haha ok no repeats.
Well the thing is after I run "fastboot oem lock" it goes into a boot loop on the htc screen (trying reboot, reboot-bootloader, recovery and factory reset all send it in a boot loop). Once I get it back into the boot loader it still stays tampered and unlocked at the top. I would assume after locking it should be booting back into the bootloader by itself or starting up the phone like normal but my phone won't start up normally.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Have you tried a RUU yet? Plus in the last PM where you tried booting into recovery i dont get why it said downloading boot img. Do you have the recovery img in the fastboot floder? i always rename the twrp to just "recovery" it makes it easier to type and remember

Are you s-on or s-off? If you are s-of you dont need to relock the bootloader

jondon156

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

No haven't tried RUU since I was under the impression that I need to first lock the bootloader and since I can't do that I'm stuck. And I have no idea why it says downloading boot.img, its in the fastboot folder. Maybe it can't find it.
And I have s-on. I just want to get the phone to boot up. what are my options? would trying to make it s-off help flashing something? Can I use RUU to flash that stock rooted odex zip file? Since its rooted can my phone be unlocked to try it?

jondon156

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

No haven't tried RUU since I was under the impression that I need to first lock the bootloader and since I can't do that I'm stuck. And I have no idea why it says downloading boot.img, its in the fastboot folder. Maybe it can't find it.
And I have s-on. I just want to get the phone to boot up. what are my options? would trying to make it s-off help flashing something? Can I use RUU to flash that stock rooted odex zip file? Since its rooted can my phone be unlocked to try it?

Have you tried a RUU yet? Plus in the last PM where you tried booting into recovery i dont get why it said downloading boot img. Do you have the recovery img in the fastboot floder? i always rename the twrp to just "recovery" it makes it easier to type and remember

Are you s-on or s-off? If you are s-of you dont need to relock the bootloader

I am in the process of downloading that rooted stock rom. I already have the correct RUU I think for my phone. If its a rooted rom, I shouldn't have to lock the bootloader to use it since I'm not actually going back to stock right? I should be fine. What do you think?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

try the RUU. i assume you have the .exe RUU

jondon156

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

jondon156

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

Yes it will work. It will wipe all that off the phone

does it matter if it is for m7 and my phone is m7wls?
its name is: RUU_M7_WL_JB43_SENSE50_SPCS_MR_Sprint_WWE_3.05.651.6_Radio_1.00.20.1108_NV_SPCS_4.38_003_release_348053_signed_2

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

does it matter if it is for m7 and my phone is m7wls?
its name is: RUU_M7_WL_JB43_SENSE50_SPCS_MR_Sprint_WWE_3.05.651.6_Radio_1.00.20.1108_NV_SPCS_4.38_003_release_348053_signed_2

That is the one for the Sprint model

jondon156

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

First time through failed right away because it rebooted it trying to get back into bootloader but it got stuck in the boot loop again, making it loose usb connection. Can I just manually flash the stock rooted rom thats in a zip file using fastboot? maybe that way it won't reboot. Or is it necessary to use RUU or recovery?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11