'No OS Installed! Are you sure you wish to reboot?' PLEASE help!

Julian Uribe

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I dont know much about this stuff (def not tech savvy), but I decided to take my bad esn Sprint HTC One (running 4.3) and try to unlock it myself. I was successful in unlocking the bootloader, and I even rooted the device on my own (woo!!!). I was on the last stage of finally unlocking the phone, so I decided to go for it.

I tried to follow these steps to finally unlock my HTC One, but I did not know how to go to /system/app to replace the files (The 'Root Reader' app didn't show /system/app in my phone).

://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2491840

The files were:

HtcOMADM_SettingsPlugin_SPCS.apk
HtcOMADM_SPCS.apk

As a result, I tried to flash the copy files mentioned previously using this video as a guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhR4Je4I8yw

I dragged and dropped the copies into the 'system storage' (not into a specific file) and started wiping data in TWRP 2.6 (Im assuming I wiped something that I shouldnt have). However, now whenever I try to boot my HTC One out of TWRP, I get the 'No OS installed..." message and it just just keeps showing the white screen with the HTC logo when I do boot anyways. When I connect my HTC One to my PC via usb cable, it doesnt even show up. I decided to take a screen shot of my files/drives/etc that I used. When I click on the 'instal' button in TWRP, it no longer shows the 'android' folder while scrolling through the list of things.

What should I do to get the phone working again? Could I unlock it from here or do I have to backtrack or something? I have very little knowledge about this stuff so please try to explain things easily for me lol

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    129.2 KB · Views: 22

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I dont know much about this stuff (def not tech savvy), but I decided to take my bad esn Sprint HTC One (running 4.3) and try to unlock it myself. I was successful in unlocking the bootloader, and I even rooted the device on my own (woo!!!). I was on the last stage of finally unlocking the phone, so I decided to go for it.

I tried to follow these steps to finally unlock my HTC One, but I did not know how to go to /system/app to replace the files (The 'Root Reader' app didn't show /system/app in my phone).

://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2491840

The files were:

HtcOMADM_SettingsPlugin_SPCS.apk
HtcOMADM_SPCS.apk

As a result, I tried to flash the copy files mentioned previously using this video as a guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhR4Je4I8yw

I dragged and dropped the copies into the 'system storage' (not into a specific file) and started wiping data in TWRP 2.6 (Im assuming I wiped something that I shouldnt have). However, now whenever I try to boot my HTC One out of TWRP, I get the 'No OS installed..." message and it just just keeps showing the white screen with the HTC logo when I do boot anyways. When I connect my HTC One to my PC via usb cable, it doesnt even show up. I decided to take a screen shot of my files/drives/etc that I used. When I click on the 'instal' button in TWRP, it no longer shows the 'android' folder while scrolling through the list of things.

What should I do to get the phone working again? Could I unlock it from here or do I have to backtrack or something? I have very little knowledge about this stuff so please try to explain things easily for me lol

Can you mount it in recovery? Is the phone's internal storage visible when you select "Mount" in TWRP?

Julian Uribe

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
How do I do that? I put my phone into TWRP mode and clicked 'mount', selected 'cache' and 'data', and selected 'internal storage' and then hit 'ok' while it is connected to my PC and my PC still does not recognize it

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
How do I do that? I put my phone into TWRP mode and clicked 'mount', selected 'cache' and 'data', and selected 'internal storage' and then hit 'ok' while it is connected to my PC and my PC still does not recognize it

Do you have HTC Drivers installed?

Julian Uribe

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Where on TWRP do I check to see what HTC drivers I have installed? I flash recovered into TWRP and hit 'Install' and didnt see a folder for HTC drivers

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Where on TWRP do I check to see what HTC drivers I have installed? I flash recovered into TWRP and hit 'Install' and didnt see a folder for HTC drivers

You need to install the drivers on your PC, not on the phone. You can probably get them from the HTC site...

Posted via Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
You need to install the drivers on your PC, not on the phone. You can probably get them from the HTC site...

He can get it from the HTC Sync software or I have the drivers in a .exe. I just wanted to know what OS he had so I know which one to recommend.

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk

Julian Uribe

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I am using windows 7. I had android 4.3 (which is the reason I was struggling to unlock the sim). Thing is, how do I install the drivers from my PC to my phone if my phone wont connect to my PC?

Sorry for being a patience tester, Im trying my best to understand and try to do things on my own, but I really screwed up

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I am using windows 7. I had android 4.3 (which is the reason I was struggling to unlock the sim). Thing is, how do I install the drivers from my PC to my phone if my phone wont connect to my PC?

Sorry for being a patience tester, Im trying my best to understand and try to do things on my own, but I really screwed up

You don't need them on the phone. Just on the PC, without them the phone might not be recognized

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

The PC needs the drivers not the phone.

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk

Julian Uribe

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Ok! I downloaded the HTC driver and simply double clicked it to install it. Whats the next step guys? I connected it while its in TWRP and I hear that weird 'bumbumbum' sound and the disconnect sound when I detach it, so Im getting somewhere! Thanks again, sorry if I come across as a retard. Im still learning the basic ropes so keep bearing with me lol. Capture.PNG

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok! I downloaded the HTC driver and simply double clicked it to install it. Whats the next step guys? I connected it while its in TWRP and I hear that weird 'bumbumbum' sound and the disconnect sound when I detach it, so Im getting somewhere! Thanks again, sorry if I come across as a retard. Im still learning the basic ropes so keep bearing with me lol. View attachment 103444

Are you mounting it?

Julian Uribe

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Are you mounting it?

My HTC Drivers are installed now, I downloaded it while my phone was on 'fastboot' in the white menu screen. Im assuming I flash into recovery and go into TWRP now, what exactly do I have to mount? My PC makes the 'connection found' sound when I plug my HTC in, but it isnt visible on my PC

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
My HTC Drivers are installed now, I downloaded it while my phone was on 'fastboot' in the white menu screen. Im assuming I flash into recovery and go into TWRP now, what exactly do I have to mount?

In recovery, there is an option called mount. Mount the sd card to see if your PC will find it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol