HTC One: hboot 1.56 s off after 4.4.2 ota

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: hboot 1.56 s off after 4.4.2 ota

There's a lot of Tweaks to play with. This team of devs are really sharp and share their knowledge with us by making the phones do so much more than what is sold to us, and they do it for free!! I donated to them & it's the first time I've ever done that. It was only $10.00, but it was all I could afford.

Via Project Deep-Dig; Appropriation of your info since 2001 via the NSA van parked outside

minnis12

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: hboot 1.56 s off after 4.4.2 ota

Got anotger question. In trying to install a theme and when I go to flash it it reads installing 0% and no matter how long I wait it never gets past 0%. Have you had this problem? I googled it and nothing came up

Posted via Android Central App

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it does happen more than I think it should. What I do is turn my phone off/on then try it again. Sometimes it just hangs. Nothing bad has happened to the phone. Just a strange quirk the ROM has.

Via Project Deep-Dig; Appropriation of your info since 2001 via the NSA van parked outside

minnis12

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok cool because I had the same thing happen when I initially installed it and I was afraid I was gonna brick it but nothing happened when I restarted it

Posted via Android Central App

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Always remember this about bricking, if you can get you phone to do something, anything, it's not bricked and can be restored.

voy123

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
So i have an Htc One its not branded, i tried installing ViperRom on it and it did not go through, when i installed the rom and i rebooted the fone it went to the htc logo and stopped there, and wudnt load, i flashed the .img and it still never past tht htc sign, the bottom line im here at this point with no os i can go into recovery and i can go bootloader and fast boot easily, but i cant seem to s-off cause i realize tht is the way to go but i cant seem to break tht barrier, and to make it worst i am on "hboot 1.56"

help would be deeply appreciated

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
So i have an Htc One its not branded, i tried installing ViperRom on it and it did not go through, when i installed the rom and i rebooted the fone it went to the htc logo and stopped there, and wudnt load, i flashed the .img and it still never past tht htc sign, the bottom line im here at this point with no os i can go into recovery and i can go bootloader and fast boot easily, but i cant seem to s-off cause i realize tht is the way to go but i cant seem to break tht barrier, and to make it worst i am on "hboot 1.56"

help would be deeply appreciated

What carrier are you using? What Recovery are you using? What ViperOne ROM did you try to install? Did you come from another ROM to ViperOne ROM? If so, do you have a nandroid?
These answers are required determine what might have to be done to get your phone pack to working?

Why are you worried about being/getting S-Off at this point? Firewater can s-off 1.56

Is Tommyboy77 your user name in the XDA Forum?

voy123

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
What carrier are you using? What Recovery are you using? What ViperOne ROM did you try to install? Did you come from another ROM to ViperOne ROM? If so, do you have a nandroid?
These answers are required determine what might have to be done to get your phone pack to working?

Why are you worried about being/getting S-Off at this point? Firewater can s-off 1.56

Is Tommyboy77 your user name in the XDA Forum?

[ROM][5/17]viperROM One v1.1.0 | 1.29.651.10 | Fast, Stable, viperControl, and more! - xda-developers in tht link u will see the Viper rom i used i was coming from Cyanogenmod 11 nightly os, i'm from jamaica so my carrier is Digicel, the reason why im trying to s-off is cause i read in a thread that to get a stock rom on i would have to have s-off to flash the recovery .img file. Also i did back up with CWM however i cant mount the phone to access the usb storage at this point for some unknown reason. So basically i am of the impression tht a RUU can revive it but i need to be s-off, btw thanks for taking the time out to even answer my post.

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
[ROM][5/17]viperROM One v1.1.0 | 1.29.651.10 | Fast, Stable, viperControl, and more! - xda-developers in tht link u will see the Viper rom i used i was coming from Cyanogenmod 11 nightly os, i'm from jamaica so my carrier is Digicel, the reason why im trying to s-off is cause i read in a thread that to get a stock rom on i would have to have s-off to flash the recovery .img file. Also i did back up with CWM however i cant mount the phone to access the usb storage at this point for some unknown reason. So basically i am of the impression tht a RUU can revive it but i need to be s-off, btw thanks for taking the time out to even answer my post.

well lets see if we can get your phone working. Did you have a different Rom on you phone before you tried to flash the Viper Rom? If yes, do you have a nandroid of that Rom? If you have a nandroid of a different Rom, you should reflash it so you can either stay with that Rom or, have a solid starting platform for flashing a Viper Rom.

If no to everything above, what Recovery do you have flashed on your phone? And, can you get to that recovery? If you haven't tried, hold down the power button and the volume down button until it loads into bootloder. Then use the down button to highlight recovery, now press the power button to boot into recovery. If you can get to this point, you should see the Rom(s) you downloaded. Which Viper Rom do you have downloaded? All Viper Roms have the desired TWRP Recovery that you can flash before flashing the Viper Rom. Its within the file under the Viper Rom. Open that file and you will see the TWRP Recovery. Flash that Recovery (TWRP 2.6.3.3) and when it's done, do not exit Recovery. Use the on screen back button and go back to where the Rom location. Now you can flash the Rom. I recommend that with the issues you've had doing a full wipe install.

good luck

voy123

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
well lets see if we can get your phone working. Did you have a different Rom on you phone before you tried to flash the Viper Rom? If yes, do you have a nandroid of that Rom? If you have a nandroid of a different Rom, you should reflash it so you can either stay with that Rom or, have a solid starting platform for flashing a Viper Rom.

If no to everything above, what Recovery do you have flashed on your phone? And, can you get to that recovery? If you haven't tried, hold down the power button and the volume down button until it loads into bootloder. Then use the down button to highlight recovery, now press the power button to boot into recovery. If you can get to this point, you should see the Rom(s) you downloaded. Which Viper Rom do you have downloaded? All Viper Roms have the desired TWRP Recovery that you can flash before flashing the Viper Rom. Its within the file under the Viper Rom. Open that file and you will see the TWRP Recovery. Flash that Recovery (TWRP 2.6.3.3) and when it's done, do not exit Recovery. Use the on screen back button and go back to where the Rom location. Now you can flash the Rom. I recommend that with the issues you've had doing a full wipe install.

good luck

I am a little bit worried now, cause i fear the internal storage might be corrupted and im hoping it isnt, when i said the phone is empty i mean empty there is nothing at all on it, when i go in the bootloader and then go to clockwork mod, then install zip it says "E : cant mount / sdcard, there is no back up on the phone i cant mount it idk why...

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I am a little bit worried now, cause i fear the internal storage might be corrupted and im hoping it isnt, when i said the phone is empty i mean empty there is nothing at all on it, when i go in the bootloader and then go to clockwork mod, then install zip it says "E : cant mount / sdcard, there is no back up on the phone i cant mount it idk why...

Ahh, ok. Let's do some research. I have to do a couple of personal items. When I get back, we'll jump into this and get your phine back running. I'll be back in an hour.

voy123

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
oh so basically rumrunner wouldnt s-off my model cause its an Htc One M7, also i saw a thread with someone saying the Htc One software only emulates and says its a sdcard but it cannot be mounted only an external can be mounted....

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
oh so basically rumrunner wouldnt s-off my model cause its an Htc One M7, also i saw a thread with someone saying the Htc One software only emulates and says its a sdcard but it cannot be mounted only an external can be mounted....

Bro, Forget about S-Off right now. I sent you a PM

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

Hey bro, I've sent a couple of PMs, but I don't see them. Did you receive them?

Blak Widow

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
ok, so im really new to all this stuff, i actually started this whole process yesterday, i have a sprint HTC ONE(m7) running 4.4 software, HBOOT 1.56, ive already rooted it and bootloaded it, im trying to get s-off so i can in some way sim unlock the phone to also work with GSM network/ internationally. im using teamwin for recovery, and im using supersu. ive tried revone but it doesnt seem to work(im probably using the older version of it, that cld be it but i cant find the newer version.) i rlly need help asap!

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
ok, so im really new to all this stuff, i actually started this whole process yesterday, i have a sprint HTC ONE(m7) running 4.4 software, HBOOT 1.56, ive already rooted it and bootloaded it, im trying to get s-off so i can in some way sim unlock the phone to also work with GSM network/ internationally. im using teamwin for recovery, and im using supersu. ive tried revone but it doesnt seem to work(im probably using the older version of it, that cld be it but i cant find the newer version.) i rlly need help asap!

Google Firewater S-Off. I've heard it works with hboot 1.56. Not sure revone even works with 1.56.