HTC One: hboot 1.56 s off after 4.4.2 ota

Blak Widow

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
oh and also, ive read the prerequisites for it to work and it say that i have to completely delete htc sync?
:( im so lost.

on another note , when i tried firewater i got this:
chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewater
Unable to chmod /data/local/tmp/firewater: No such file or directory
10|shell@m7wls:/$ chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewater
chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewater
Unable to chmod /data/local/tmp/firewater: No such file or directory

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
oh and also, ive read the prerequisites for it to work and it say that i have to completely delete htc sync?
:( im so lost.

I'm not s-off but I have read about it. On PC, download HTC sync manager from HTC Web site. This also downloads required drivers needed. You have to delete HTC sync manager from the PC. Just HTC sync, the drivers will stay on PC. HTC sync gets in the way of the s-off process. In the Google search, go to the xda sites and there are some great instructions for s-off.

Blak Widow

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm not s-off but I have read about it. On PC, download HTC sync manager from HTC Web site. This also downloads required drivers needed. You have to delete HTC sync manager from the PC. Just HTC sync, the drivers will stay on PC. HTC sync gets in the way of the s-off process. In the Google search, go to the xda sites and there are some great instructions for s-off.

alright THANKS for taking the time to write back! i will try this , and get back to u if i have anymore questions :)

Blak Widow

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

i dont want to sound stupid, but i installed the htc sync manager, now how exactly do i remove the sync? do i just uninstall it ?

Blak Widow

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
exactly. do it thru your pc control panel>programs>delete file. delete only htc sync manager not the drivers.

ok so i finnalllyyyy got it to s-off!! now, do you know how i could sim unlock the phone?? ive tried using the sim unlock helper app, and the terminal emulator, but it hasnt worked. thanks for your help

Blak Widow

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
and what country?
well the phone was bought for the purpose of sending it to mexico for telcel, but i fell in love with it cz i find it to be somewhat better than the galaxy s3 i currently have, and so i want to see how it works with tmobile to confirm if i want to send it off to mexico or keep it.

Blak Widow

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
OK, Sprint phone, read this xda thread.

i am veryyyyyyyyy embarrassed to say that i dont understand what they are talking about in this:
a)If you are already S-OFF than:
-Download Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.10_RUU.zip <- i got this
-extract zip to a folder on your pc <- i can do this
-boot into bootloader (various ways) <- dont understand this one and the rest..
-using fastboot, type this cmd: fastboot oem lock this will relock the bootloader
-from pc, run setup.exe from the extracted folder. it will run the RUU utility & flash back to stock

Now you have to unlock your bootloader, install a custom recovery and root. There are tons of guides for that. You can use THIS

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
i am veryyyyyyyyy embarrassed to say that i dont understand what they are talking about in this:
a)If you are already S-OFF than:
-Download Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.10_RUU.zip <- i got this
-extract zip to a folder on your pc <- i can do this
-boot into bootloader (various ways) <- dont understand this one and the rest..
-using fastboot, type this cmd: fastboot oem lock this will relock the bootloader
-from pc, run setup.exe from the extracted folder. it will run the RUU utility & flash back to stock

Now you have to unlock your bootloader, install a custom recovery and root. There are tons of guides for that. You can use THIS

OK then, no problem. the developers in xda are sometimes hard to understand. Let me find another. I think that there is a youtube video.

OK, here's a YouTube link to several videos for unlocking sim cards. Grab a soda and a note pad.

Blak Widow

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
OK then, no problem. the developers in xda are sometimes hard to understand. Let me find another. I think that there is a youtube video.

OK, here's a YouTube link to several videos for unlocking sim cards. Grab a soda and a note pad.

thank you so much for your patience, ive literally been sitting here since 8, i can currently not feel my @ss , and ur helping make it less time for me!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781