HTC One: hboot 1.56 s off after 4.4.2 ota

Blak Widow

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Well, hopefully you have a nice gal there to rub the feeling back into your....rear...lol

i dont think i would fell comfortable having another girl rub my rear since im also a girl. but anyways ahahah , ive looked thru many of the videos and they mostly have videos in which the phone is of an older version, not the 4.4 so im pretty lost still..

Blak Widow

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I'll keep searching.

oh and i read here..
a)If you are already S-OFF than:
-Download Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.10_RUU.zip
-extract zip to a folder on your pc
-boot into bootloader (various ways)
-using fastboot, type this cmd: fastboot oem lock this will relock the bootloader
-from pc, run setup.exe from the extracted folder. it will run the RUU utility & flash back to stock

Now you have to unlock your bootloader, install a custom recovery and root. There are tons of guides for that. You can use THIS
^^^^^ im going to have to redo the whole process after i do what section A says??

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
oh and i read here..
-using fastboot, type this cmd: fastboot oem lock this will relock the bootloader
-from pc, run setup.exe from the extracted folder. it will run the RUU utility & flash back to stock

Now you have to unlock your bootloader, install a custom recovery and root. There are tons of guides for that. You can use THIS
^^^^^ im going to have to redo the whole process after i do what section A says??

So. is your bootloader unlocked? If yes, why would you want to relock it? Do you have a custom rom flashed to your phone?

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
oh and i read here..

Here is a geek with his own site and he has sprint. search his playlist for htc one and he has a ****-load of things he has done with the One, from unlocking, relocking bootloader, installing a custom rom...all kinds of stuff. maybe grab a laptop, soda, and find a comfortable chair (hint, hint) to watch all the videos.

Blak Widow

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
So. is your bootloader unlocked? If yes, why would you want to relock it? Do you have a custom rom flashed to your phone?

yes i hacve already unlocked the bootloader, then i rooted the phone, and i just did the s-off not long ago, the only thing i have to do is , according to the complete guide downgrade ROM and radio to be able to use the app. but i just saw it says that it will be flashed to stock and i will have to reblock bootloader, download a costum recovery , and root. im not sure if by flashing it to stock deletes everything? cz thats what im understanding from what im reading there:'(

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
yes i hacve already unlocked the bootloader, then i rooted the phone, and i just did the s-off not long ago, the only thing i have to do is , according to the complete guide downgrade ROM and radio to be able to use the app. but i just saw it says that it will be flashed to stock and i will have to reblock bootloader, download a costum recovery , and root. im not sure if by flashing it to stock deletes everything? cz thats what im understanding from what im reading there:'(

I wouldn't do that. You'll be starting over again.

Blak Widow

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
yup darn it. OK, I found some others. Hopefully you can understand them. This one is written with the 4.4 in mind.

Then some others.

ok so im totallyyyy freaking out here... i factory reset the phone on team win and i deleted pretty much everything to go back into stock.. so like now im trying to turn on the phone and it says i have no OS and when i try to turn it on it doesnt get past the HTC.... i ****ed up BIG time.. HELPP or if u like you could call me @ 9 5 4- 9 3 7- 5 4 9 1 im having a major heart attack here

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
ok so im totallyyyy freaking out here... i factory reset the phone on team win and i deleted pretty much everything to go back into stock.. so like now im trying to turn on the phone and it says i have no OS and when i try to turn it on it doesnt get past the HTC.... i ****ed up BIG time.. HELPP or if u like you could call me @ 9 5 4- 9 3 7- 5 4 9 1 im having a major heart attack here

Shoot!!! Now youre way above my pay grade. Go here and read, read, read....cuz Ive never run across doing this. But XDA usually can get you back. Its going to take a lot of reading,

Blak Widow

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Shoot!!! Now youre way above my pay grade. Go here and read, read, read....cuz Ive never run across doing this. But XDA usually can get you back. Its going to take a lot of reading,

im freaking out so much because this phone i just got monday for someone in mexico, and i was doing this for my mom, i ****ed up and now ima take the blow for it.. im literally crying...

Blak Widow

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
like i said, you gotta read as much as possible. it is possible to get your phone back but it's gonna take some reading.
so i didnt **** up completely right?? cz ive been reading and the phone wont mount to my computer so there isnt a way i can get an OS, and ive tried restoring because i did back up before i wiped everything, but it doesnt do anything after i reboot the phone, all it does is show htc and it stays there.

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
what happens when you hold the power button and the volume down button at the sane time for a lot of seconds? You should boot into your hboot screen.
it should look something like this
s-off-hboot_HOX.JPG