HTC One: Stuck In a bootloop

Wei Heng

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys just did something real stupid ... I tried flashing the maximus1.2 custom rom and ended up stuck in a bootloop. After that i tried to flash the maximus 1.0 rom and it work again... Stupidly enough i tried to flash the maximus 1.2 rom again and this time it went back to the bootloop but however this time i can't access to clockmodrecovery to flash back to the stock rom. everytime i enter the recovery mode, it just crashes itself and reboot and enters recovery and crashes again, the cycle repeats. When i enter bootloader, somehow i can't flash back the clockmod rom cause it keep saying waiting for device. Is it possible that the device itself is bricked and no solution to this?

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Try turning it off for around 30 minutes. That'll drain the capacitors, and you might be able to access recovery again :)

Last edited:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Stuck In a bootloop

hmmm... battery can't be taken out cause its build in... using a HTC Butterfly S

Epic fail. Sorry about that lol
In that case, just turn off by holding the power button and leave it off for about the same time

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Wei Heng

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site

actually tried turning off the whole day still not working though... tried connecting to adb but it wrote waiting for device and wont load at all... :(

Wei Heng

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site

tried already but still same result... waiting for device. But i realize my device is not recognized by the window too even after installing htcsync

Kirill Jakonen

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

When you are entering those fastboot commands, what do you do before it?

Because you are supposed to boot in fastboot.
1) Turn your phone off
2) Hold Power+ Volume Down (depends on your phone)
3) Navigate to Fastboot Menu
4) Connect USB- cable
On PC
5) Open command promt to adb files location (go to right folder hold Shift + press right click and choose "open command window here")
6) Enter fastboot command

Wei Heng

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
lols tried my cable on other phones can work, used usb 2.0 still same results... seems like somehow my phone corrupted, ending up the com cannot recognise it as a phone and only states my HTC in device manager. Oh btw i also tried rebooting before still the same.... If theres no solution seems like the only way is to change the motherboard then... :(

Wei Heng

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys just 2 videos showing my current situation of the phone... maybe this can help you guys see whats the problem i'm having. Thanks in advance!
First link is how the phone situation is now
Second link shows what happen when i try to flash recovery.img in back in to the phone

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys just 2 videos showing my current situation of the phone... maybe this can help you guys see whats the problem i'm having. Thanks in advance!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNVubxO26U4&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EkBYkDXOwQ&feature=youtu.be
First link is how the phone situation is now
Second link shows what happen when i try to flash recovery.img in back in to the phone

Let me think about this one for a minute

Have you RUU'ed back to factory stock and start from scratch ? Thats a option. maybe not the best way to go but your phone is useless the way it is now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox