[HTC M7] [EE/Orange] Need help choosing right RUU

Ninjatogo

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm having a bit of trouble trying to flash a stock ROM for my phone. I've been searching for a few hours now, but I couldn't find exactly what I wanted.
--
My problem is that I'm using an EE HTC One rom, and I'm a bit disappointed with their update speed (3 week since all other UK carriers released KK, EE is still, "testing").
I want to update my phone to Kit Kat now, but I also want to receive official OTA updates straight from HTC later on.
From my research, if I install an RUU that will solve both problems.

I've managed to find an RUU site and what seems to be a suitable package: Here/

I've also found some info on my phone
DSC_0003.jpg

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
That looks like what you need. download the .exe file put the phone in fastboot usb mode in the bootloader and with the drivers installed on your PC and the phone plugged in double click the exe file and follow the on-screen prompts and you should be good to go. It will take a while to run and at times seem like it stalled, Just let it go it will finish

Ninjatogo

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
That looks like what you need. download the .exe file put the phone in fastboot usb mode in the bootloader and with the drivers installed on your PC and the phone plugged in double click the exe file and follow the on-screen prompts and you should be good to go. It will take a while to run and at times seem like it stalled, Just let it go it will finish

Thanks for the reply. Since I made the thread I've unlocked my bootloader and rooted. I've also read that I should change my CID and MID, so I plan to go S-OFF soon to change them to match the RUU.
*Is that the right thing to do?*

My final issue is with the radio version. My current version is different to the one in the RUU. Would that be a problem?

Ninjatogo

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Sorry benny, you can can ignore that last post. I've solved all issues and have everything installed and running just fine now. Even got my first OTA update and it works. No more waiting around for slow carriers. No more bloat.

Thanks again benny.

chrisweirdness

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi Ninjatogo, I have the same phone, same network and would like to do exactly what you did.

Did you need to change the CID and MID in the end, and if so, what did you use?

Ninjatogo

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I only changed my CID to the generic HTC one: "HTC__001", the MID I had was just fine for going with the generic UK RUU.
I unlocked the bootloader and turned S-OFF. I also rooted, don't remember if that was necessary though.

I really don't remember everything I did, but this video was great for helping me through the entire process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2QaTWcdFGE

The RUU image I used was this: RUU File

charlz54

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I want to be able to get android 4.4 on my htc one, ee branded phone but I have absolutely no idea where to look for info or how to begin. I am nervous of trying anything that might render my phone unworkable. Has anyone any links/ instructions that I can follow please?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
are you s-off? that will be a start. If you are faint of heart then this might not be for you. If you s-off then you can change your CID and use a different RUU to get 4.4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz