rooted m7 user has a few newbie questions

coletrain777

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
So... I rooted my HTC one about a year ago so that is could set up a third party mobile hotspot. That's really about all that I have done as a rooted user, so needless to say, my knowledge is lacking. I have a few questions that I need answered so that I can begin to better learn how to better customize my phone.

1. I am rooted but still running the stock ROM... Where do I find the current specs for my phone (what version 4.1, 4.2...) and if I am rooted using twrp or cwm? I know this sounds dumb but I just followed an online tutorial, I don't remember anything.

2. My SuperSU app says that it needs the binaries updated, and I have read that the best way to update is to flash the updated file. How do I flash a file, and how do I know what file to flash?

3. I am trying to figure out how to tether with my Vizio TV. I can tether with my macbook and my HP tablet just fine, but my TV won't connect. It does recognize the hotspot, it just won't connect. Any ideas? Using WiFi Tether trevE mod.

Sorry for the seemingly dumb questions... Just wanting to better learn to maximize the potential of my phone.

Please explain things like you would to a child, i dont speak android or root language so i am easily confused (but i will learn). Thanks in advance for the help...

Cole

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
textura