Totally messed up here :( Unlocked & rooted fine but accidentally deleted all files PLEASE HELP

OllyjStewart

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,
I'm new to the forum as a member but i often look on here to stay up to date with everything that's going on in the HTC One world!

Basically, EE were taking so long to release KK 4.4 and Sense 6 that i decided i would unlock & root my HTCONE M7 myself. Apart from being a bit of an ***** and thus taking way longer to do it than i should have taken, it all went fine. I downloaded the files for 4.4 and managed to load them onto my phone no problem,except that when i tried to start my phone it would get stuck on the bootloader/reboot loop and the four little "kitkat" cirlces would just stay in the middle of the screen.

Naturally when i got home from work i tried to stop this, and so reconed that i just had to delete all the data on the phone (in recovery mode). Woe of woes, I ended up formatting everything- including internal memory. Didn't think anything of it until i went to reload the roms etc and found my phone was f***ed.

I've spent hours looking for a solution but cant seem to find one. Now my phone just stays on the white HTC startup screen without any other signs of life. I can still access bootloader/recovery/fastboot etc, but my phone doesnt show up in "My computer", and while it shows up in "Devices and printers" its always as an unknown device. MTP usb doesnt work either, even though all my drivers are up to date (as far as im aware- ive downloaded HTCsynctwice just to make sure).

Any help would be VERY appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Olly

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Totally messed up here :( Unlocked & rooted fine but accidentally deleted all files PLEASE HELP

Hi guys,
I'm new to the forum as a member but i often look on here to stay up to date with everything that's going on in the HTC One world!

Basically, EE were taking so long to release KK 4.4 and Sense 6 that i decided i would unlock & root my HTCONE M7 myself. Apart from being a bit of an ***** and thus taking way longer to do it than i should have taken, it all went fine. I downloaded the files for 4.4 and managed to load them onto my phone no problem,except that when i tried to start my phone it would get stuck on the bootloader/reboot loop and the four little "kitkat" cirlces would just stay in the middle of the screen.

Naturally when i got home from work i tried to stop this, and so reconed that i just had to delete all the data on the phone (in recovery mode). Woe of woes, I ended up formatting everything- including internal memory. Didn't think anything of it until i went to reload the roms etc and found my phone was f***ed.

I've spent hours looking for a solution but cant seem to find one. Now my phone just stays on the white HTC startup screen without any other signs of life. I can still access bootloader/recovery/fastboot etc, but my phone doesnt show up in "My computer", and while it shows up in "Devices and printers" its always as an unknown device. MTP usb doesnt work either, even though all my drivers are up to date (as far as im aware- ive downloaded HTCsynctwice just to make sure).

Any help would be VERY appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Olly

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Totally messed up here :( Unlocked & rooted fine but accidentally deleted all files PLEASE HELP

Google HTC One M7 no OS and you'll get link to wonder how to site with instructions. Good luck.

OllyjStewart

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site

Cool cheers guys! I'll get myself an OTG and then follow those instructions... I'll get back to you if i have any problems/if it works!

OllyjStewart

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site

Got an OTG usb and put the roms onto it, but when i went to install them (in recovery mode) the phone said
"partition failed
failed to mount /data"
- any ideas?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

What recovery and version # ? Are choosing the OTG to install from

OllyjStewart

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site

using TWRP version v2.7.1.1, and yeah i am using the OTG

OllyjStewart

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site

when i try to install a rom on TWRP i get this-
----------
E: Could not mount /data and unable to find crypto footer.
E:Unable to mount ' /data '
E:Unable to recreate /data/media folder.
Updating partition details...
E:Unable to mount internal storage.
E:Unable to mount data/media during GUI start up.
Full SELinux support is present.
E:Unable to mount /data/media/TWRP/.twrps when trying to read settings file.
E:Unable to mount '/data'
Installing 'usb-otg/M7 CWM Nandroid Backup CID ORANG001 1.28.61.1 2013-04-22.zip' ...
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found
Error flashing zip 'usb-otg/M7 CWM Nandroid Backup CID ORANG001 1.28.61.1 2013-04-22.zip'

-----
Rom i am trying to install is "M7 CWM Nandroid Backup CID ORANG001 1.28.61.1 2013-04-22". I am an EE customer but as i was previously with orange (who became EE) i chose this ROM..

---
That rom is for CWM so i installed CWM v6.0.2.8, but when i tried to install the ROM from the OTG USB i get this-
"finding update package...
opening update package...
installing update...
installation aborted."

Last edited:

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

when i try to install a rom on TWRP i get this-
----------
E: Could not mount /data and unable to find crypto footer.
E:Unable to mount ' /data '
E:Unable to recreate /data/media folder.
E:Unable to mount internal storage.
E:Unable to mount data/media during GUI start up.
Full SELinux support is present.
E:Unable to mount /data/media/TWRP/.twrps when trying to read settings file.
Installing 'usb-otg/M7 CWM Nandroid Backup CID ORANG001 1.28.61.1 2013-04-22.zip' ...
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found
Error flashing zip 'usb-otg/M7 CWM Nandroid Backup CID ORANG001 1.28.61.1 2013-04-22.zip'

-----
Rom i am trying to install is "M7 CWM Nandroid Backup CID ORANG001 1.28.61.1 2013-04-22". I am an EE customer but as i was previously with orange (who became EE) i chose this ROM..

Looks to me like the nand backup was made with CWM recovery and it isnt compatible with twrp. So either flash CWM recovery or if he has a twrp nand backup use it

OllyjStewart

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site

Flashed CWM and tried to install, but i get "E:cant open /external_sd/M7 CWM Nandroid Backup CID ORANG001 1.28.61.1 2013-04-22.zip (bad)"

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Flashed CWM and tried to install, but i get "E:cant open /external_sd/M7 CWM Nandroid Backup CID ORANG001 1.28.61.1 2013-04-22.zip (bad)"

Have you tried a RUU and start fresh?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Yeah it just did the old "finding package, opening package, installing update, installation aborted"

Are trying to run the RUU in recovery? Its done in the bootloader and in fastboot mode

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan