Is this 'ANDROIDUSB.sys' located in my system32 folder the reason my ADB wont connect?

TacoGobbler

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Ive been trying to flash a rom to my bricked HTC but abd wont connect. at one point i was able to get to thEE point where the rom is being transferred but then, out of nowhere, it errors out. NOWW when I try and connect I get either: demon unable to start (or some shizz) or APK error.

Ive installed several adb files/android exe's (sync) .. Ive followed several instructionals from around the internet.. none have worked. Im thinking the best option would be to delete all android/adb files and start from scratch.. thing is, for one, i dont remember installing a sys file. Two, my computer is 64bit (dont know if that matters). Three, it seems my computer is referencing this system32 driver instead of the ones i want it to. wtf. help me somebody. please.

TacoGobbler

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Do you have HTC sync installed? if you do get rid of it
i am using windows 7. i cant get the daemon tool to run for some reason. i either get: daemon started successfully * daemon still not running * error: cannot connect to daemon OR adb server didnt ACK * failed to start daemon

i am launching the cmd from the platform-tools folder. sync is NOT installed... WHAT COULD BE THE ISSUE? ive flashed roms to several devices before.. this one included, but now it wont work.

when i submit the 'android devices' commaand in the windows task manager a second instance of adb.exe shows up. is this supposed to happen?

Is there a more responsive forum that i could go to about ADB issues?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The cmd should be " adb devices" How old is your sdk? If you updated lately they changed the folder where fastboot and adb is located. Its like in Build tools. I moved them back in platform-tools

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech