Just installed TWRP, is it safe to delete the files from miscellaneous folder

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Is the misc. folder visible in TWRP? Or are you viewing your files in a file manager?
I'd recommend using the latter so that you can see the contents of the folder, if any. Haven't deleted anything in TWRP in a while, so I'm not sure if that shows you much info about the files/folders.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Lollipop 5.0.2

xTmX Korrupt

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I can see it in the storage section, then when I go under misc section. It takes up almost two gb of data. I am unsure if it is just left over installation files.

Posted via the Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I can see it in the storage section, then when I go under misc section. It takes up almost two gb of data. I am unsure if it is just left over installation files.

Ah, I see. Do you have a file manager you can use to see if there are any large files you don't need? I have TWRP installed as well, and I only have ~500 MB of misc. files.

I'd recommend ES File Explorer if you don't already have one

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Its a good idea when making a backup in recovery to check the compression box as it does save a little. Misc. files could be just about anything from apps you have installed

xTmX Korrupt

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Alright that's good to know, just to be on the safe side I can leave it. Just sucks it takes up a decent chunk of space.

After Looking I am thinking that is my back up so that's good!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Alright that's good to know, just to be on the safe side I can leave it. Just sucks it takes up a decent chunk of space.

After Looking I am thinking that is my back up so that's good!

Yeah, I think backups are saved as misc. I have those on my SD card for that reason.