Phone: HTC One M7 - T-Mobile

O/S: Android - CyanogenMod [auto]"Installer" version 11.0-InstallerXNPQ32P - Android 4.4.4
    This is the CyanogenMod Android installation (Root, Unlock, etc) as performed by the automatic installation program found at main CyanogenMod website.

Question: Can this device be updated to the HTC One M7 GPe-released version of Lollipop by HTC. If 'Yes', how? If 'No', why not?

Needless to say, I'm more than disheartened by CyanogenMod's lack of public information and official statements on officially-supported projects. I'm looking for whatever verified step-by-step process to release their grip on the device.
    04-08-2015 10:40 AM

Question: Can this device be updated to the HTC One M7 GPe-released version of Lollipop by HTC. If 'Yes', how? If 'No', why not?
    I'm not totally sure what you're asking given your setup. Are you asking if the CyanogenMod installer can put a different ROM (The google play edition) onto your HTC One M7? Or maybe you have a GPE M7 that you want CM's OS on?

If it's the first, then No. Their installer will install their software. I haven't used their software, but if it works, chances are it will make installing the GPE rom much easier for you.

If it's the second question - if it works, it works. I doubt they'll discriminate against a GPE version.

If I totally didn't understand the question, let me know.
    04-08-2015 11:31 AM