HTC recoverable ?

BrentMc78

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Hello I bought an HTC One P/N: 99hvv002-00 at a yard sale. The old lady who sold it to me she had stuff on it and I told her I could reset it. I initiated a reset and sat it down and when I wasn't looking she picked it up and tried to turn it on. Now when I turn it on it asks for a Verizon decryption password which turned out to be 12345. When I enter it it says you need to reset your phone. When I do a reset it fails, probably because it was ruined by her messing with it during a reset.

I recently had a problem with another phone and someone walked me through side-loading android. I was hoping I could do the same and fix this phone. I connected it to a windows 7 laptop and it saw the phone and installed drivers. I never got the phone to show up in windows explorer. At one point the phone switched to fastboot USB, so I thought that was a good sign. Do you think I can flash the ROM and fix it or is it a brick? I will be happy to provide more information and take pictures of the phone screen. Thanks for reading. -Brent

OptimusTarzan

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Because the HTC M7 is 3+ years old and no one is using it? Have you thought that the phone may have been messed up before you attempted a reset, thus the lady selling it? Good Luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol