Where is the One S luv?

katamari201

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't plan to get it, but the One S does have a lot gonig for it. Why is there no interest? I mean, a super thin phone that isn't plastic and has a cool oxidized ceramic metal build? Also has a next-gen S4 processor that is top-tier? Will be sold at a midrange price? Looks sexier than the One X? Multiple review sites claiming the One S will definitely be the most popular of the One series?

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if T-Mo was slated to get this but I'm not liking it as much as the X and the XL. I do realize that the XL is possibly the overseas version of the X and therefore I have said quite enough. Will post under the X thread now.

G2 owner

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't plan to get it, but the One S does have a lot gonig for it. Why is there no interest? I mean, a super thin phone that isn't plastic and has a cool oxidized ceramic metal build? Also has a next-gen S4 processor that is top-tier? Will be sold at a midrange price? Looks sexier than the One X? Multiple review sites claiming the One S will definitely be the most popular of the One series?
Last years specs with a qhd pentile screen. Besides if your like me on T-Mobile your pissed that we only get the crappy mid ranged phone and yet again get the low end phones while every other carrier gets high quality phones with HD screens and/or quad core processors.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's a brand new Snapdragon S4 chip. How is that last years specs? Because it's dual-core? Every indication is that it performs just as well as the Tegra 3.

qHD is last year, but at least it's AMOLED. Phil said the display is awesome.

ercliou

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Last years specs with a qhd pentile screen.

Pfft.. that's noob talk.. based on a like and a favorite of the reply, AC needs to educate it's readers urgently (please)
S4 is comparable with Tegra3 .. it even crushes Tegra3 at single-threaded department

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
No SD memory slot.

Non removable battery.

I dont want an Iphone either.

I have yet to have a smart phone that I havent at some point
had to jerk the battery out to unfreeze it.

Yes even my Amaze.

This will sell about like the Amaze.

What I want to know is where is my Nexus at T-Mobile ?

:(

TFausett

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I freaking love this phone I am switching from iPhone to Android because I love the look of this phone so much. I can't wait to get this phone in my hands and try it out. The screen is a little disappointing, but I really don't care.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I love this phone for its hardware, except the screen. I still think it's still better than having monstrous 4.7 in mini tablet in your pocket, but I'm weird like that I guess. I don't like the nonremovable battery or no sd, but that's about it. I would probably get one if it came to Verizon and I didnt just get my awesome rezound(which is probably a much better overal phone anyway, just wish it had the s4)

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Specialized back, 4.3 inch sweet spot, fastest processor available, one of the best cameras on phones so far and a super amoled with decent pixel density.

I'm fairly surprised that this one hasn't garnered more buzz or attention.

Do people just automatically shy away because it is qHD and pentile? I haven't seen pentile screens but I doubt how the RGB are lined up will cause a problem....

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Specialized back, 4.3 inch sweet spot, fastest processor available, one of the best cameras on phones so far and a super amoled with decent pixel density.

I'm fairly surprised that this one hasn't garnered more buzz or attention.

Do people just automatically shy away because it is qHD and pentile? I haven't seen pentile screens but I doubt how the RGB are lined up will cause a problem....

I am on the NS4G which is really quite good on ICS. If someone would just upgrade this phone with a high res screen I would be entirely satisfied. But faster processor + bigger without higher pixel density? I'll probably just wait till next time

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by seeing little dots?

I have a phone from 2008 that has less than 200 ppi and I can't spot the pixels. ( I have 20/20 visions)

Hopefully qHD display+ Super AMOLED helps out, I have seen how bad pentile display looks when it is blown up through a microscope but through daily use, I don't think i will mind it or even see it

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You know, I think people just like to complain. I've got my first android (a WVGA Dinc2) and I'm pretty sure if I move up to a qHD display it will look nicer than my WVGA. You people have no idea what bad looks like - try a 640x480 color monitor at 14" that cost $500+ back in the 80s. Or my first laptop with blue lcd (no idea what the resolution was) with only a 720K floppy. Get real people.

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
You know, I think people just like to complain. I've got my first android (a WVGA Dinc2) and I'm pretty sure if I move up to a qHD display it will look nicer than my WVGA. You people have no idea what bad looks like - try a 640x480 color monitor at 14" that cost $500+ back in the 80s. Or my first laptop with blue lcd (no idea what the resolution was) with only a 720K floppy. Get real people.

Agreed, its quite odd how many reviewers are saying that the qHD screen is not good and that pentile is noticeable.

Coming from a 2008 phone, qHD would be a welcomed addition and SuperAMOLED display would certainly be welcomed, haven't seen a pentile display yet but I can't imagine that it would be bothersome on a high tech display.

Hbomber110

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean by seeing little dots?

I have a phone from 2008 that has less than 200 ppi and I can't spot the pixels. ( I have 20/20 visions)

Hopefully qHD display+ Super AMOLED helps out, I have seen how bad pentile display looks when it is blown up through a microscope but through daily use, I don't think i will mind it or even see it

Just read my post, i mean the whole post for a total of TWO sentences... I suppose your 2008 device is NOT using a pentile display.

Edit: now i just red your last post, "haven't seen a pentile display yet". Feel free to just shut up when you don't know what you are talking about.

Last edited:

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Just read my post, i mean the whole post for a total of TWO sentences... I suppose your 2008 device is NOT using a pentile display.

Edit: now i just red your last post, "haven't seen a pentile display yet". Feel free to just shut up when you don't know what you are talking about.

What makes you think you know more about a pentile display to suggest to another to shut up about it? Granted that I haven't seen a pentile display yet but I have read many articles about it, and my conclusion is that its not as bad as people claim it to be especially when its not on a motorola device. Keep quiet if you don't have anything productive to add to this thread's topic.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463