T-Mobile HTC One S - Ask me anything

wally27

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Can you let us know the battery life in a couple of days? Headphones any good? Worth upgrading from the sensation ? Thanks for the help

bryon

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the Google Play Movies and Books apps in the launcher? My One X didn't include them, although they are accessible via the Play Store.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I've got one. You don't. Fire away!!!
Blam! Oops, sorry ... I was aiming for the apple sitting on your head....
Does it come with wi-fi calling app?
Should be no app required on T-Mo. They rolled it out to the Amaze late December. Just enables it in the Wireless settings....
I have a question. What happens if you stick it in a box and send it to West Virginia? I'll bet it's something wonderful.
Postage's cheaper to RTP, NC. I'll send you my Amaze as a consolation prize. :p

Okay, questions. I know that with only the onboard 9GB available, the camera's ability to record much 720P or 1080P video is pretty slim ... < a minute. Did you top out your storage with that lovely Seattle skyline video?

Have you tried the Dropbox integration? In practice, how's it work having all your images/video sync to the cloud after taking? Seeing much of your data plan after a day of sightseeing? (Dont' tell me T-Mobile didn't see this coming, and rub their hands together ravenously.)

How's it set on a tabletop? Does it rest flat with that camera bezel? I imagine the On^H^HWeeble X wobbles but won't fall down....

cubatista92

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
HTC one S or Motorola Razr?

Which phone should I get?
Here are the cons of each one when compared to one another.

HTC ONE S cons
No SD Card
Only 10GB of user available storage
Shorter Battery life
Bigger form factor (although they are both 4.3" screens)
Small front-facing camera

Motorola Razr cons
No ICS yet
Slower processor (1.2ghz vs 1.5ghz on the ONE S)
Not many camera features
older phone in general (I prefer the newest tech)
No FM radio
No 4G (although my network currently offers HSDPA+ only)

although it may seem straight forward given I have more 'cons' for the Motorola razr, I prefer to have a longer battery life. That is one of the most important things I need. It offers an expandable memory, which I usually need.
I don't play a lot of games, usually Sudoku, but I don't know how the different processors will be able to handle my multitasking. Which I do a lot of.
Can anybody give me their opinion on these phones? Which one will suit me best. I edit docs on the go, check the news and email. Battery life is essential because I am not constantly near chargers. I use every single trick to extend battery life. (I am unable to get the RAZR MAXX but I would).
My previous phone was an Atrix and used to get stuck all the time when I was playing music and working at the same time.
Don't offer me any new alternatives, please. I'm already having a hard time deciding.
Thanks in advance.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
HTC one S or Motorola Razr?

Which phone should I get?
Here are the cons of each one when compared to one another.

HTC ONE S cons
No SD Card
Only 10GB of user available storage
Shorter Battery life
Bigger form factor (although they are both 4.3" screens)
Small front-facing camera

Motorola Razr cons
No ICS yet
Slower processor (1.2ghz vs 1.5ghz on the ONE S)
Not many camera features
older phone in general (I prefer the newest tech)
No FM radio
No 4G (although my network currently offers HSDPA+ only)

although it may seem straight forward given I have more 'cons' for the Motorola razr, I prefer to have a longer battery life. That is one of the most important things I need. It offers an expandable memory, which I usually need.
I don't play a lot of games, usually Sudoku, but I don't know how the different processors will be able to handle my multitasking. Which I do a lot of.
Can anybody give me their opinion on these phones? Which one will suit me best. I edit docs on the go, check the news and email. Battery life is essential because I am not constantly near chargers. I use every single trick to extend battery life. (I am unable to get the RAZR MAXX but I would).
My previous phone was an Atrix and used to get stuck all the time when I was playing music and working at the same time.
Don't offer me any new alternatives, please. I'm already having a hard time deciding.
Thanks in advance.

You left out the most important consideration. Carrier.

If you're just talking phone vs. phone, it's tough. But I like the way the One S feels compared to the RAZR. I prefer a phone that doesn't feel like it was designed to attack.

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile unboxing videos show that the specs list video recording as 1080p HD video at 60 frames per second..

Is 60 fps a typo?(sounds too good to be true) I always thought it was 30 and fell off my chair when the box listed 60 ..

6358082-610-457.jpg

venious

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Phil,

I saw you mention that you are a T-Mobile subscriber and I keep hearing that HSPA+ is actually faster on mobile phones right now that LTE. Maybe you can give some of us non-T-Mobile subscribers an overview of what to expect from HSPA+ (vs LTE), their WiFi calling to fill the coverage gaps, and previous software update release timeliness, if we decided to jump ship and move to T-Mobile for this phone. What would make us regret leaving our current carrier? Thanks!