T-Mobile HTC One S - Ask me anything

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
You will get more then 100 for your phone on ebay then going through T-Mobile. ALOT more depending on the phone you have

Not all phones - I traded in a Cliq I had lying around (I wanted to keep my G2!) I checked eBay and not many people want a used Cliq. ;) The current trade-in promo was definitely the better deal on that one. :D

ingram1225

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Not all phones - I traded in a Cliq I had lying around (I wanted to keep my G2!) I checked eBay and not many people want a used Cliq. ;) The current trade-in promo was definitely the better deal on that one. :D

I traded in my old Cliq XT. Got $100 rebate which the Tmobile store took care of for me. Also a $50 manufacture rebate = my HTC One S was just $126 before upgrade fee and taxes.

I did buy a zagg full body but opted out on the tmobile cases. Just not my cup of tea plus I don't want to hide this beautiful body; the phones, not mine :p

ingram1225

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I've got one. You don't. Fire away!!!

how is your battery life?

After 5h 32m on battery, Screen on 66%, Internet 7%, cell standby 7% and wifi running 3h 43min... im at a low 35% battery left.

I had to charge my phone twice today, this a full 24 hours since I had the phone.

Oh brightness is set to auto, wifi is not at full performance, 2g/3g/4g is on auto, sync is set to a minimum with google taking up most of that.

Now at work im in a concrete building... so I UNDERSTAND the battery drain, especially on 4g but at home on wifi i expected to see the battery last a lot longer. I am literally watching the batter icon count down... kinda like your first v8 car's gas gauge when going 55mph on the hwy.

venious

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've gotten 3.5 hours + of screen on time with 14 hours + before charging, so you have a problem. Check tmobiles support site for an article about the WiFi calling feature draining the battery quicker than it should. If it isn't that then maybe your handset is defective.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

ingram1225

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I've gotten 3.5 hours + of screen on time with 14 hours + before charging, so you have a problem. Check tmobiles support site for an article about the WiFi calling feature draining the battery quicker than it should. If it isn't that then maybe your handset is defective.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the reply. I always assumed that the wifi enabled combined with wifi calling would decrease the battery drain compared to a tower calling because the signal is stronger, thus the receiver on the phone does not have to work as hard/boost the antenna strength.

I'll look around on tmobiles site, but as of last night there was very little in the way of the HTC One S battery issues. Most of it was with the myTouch3g short batter life when tmobile switched to the new signal type.

venious

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've used this since the 25th, but I haven't noticed a problem. They say there is a fix coming though. Maybe they are saying that wifi calling feature, while actually on a call, causes more drain than necessary.

Support: Wi-Fi Calling drains the battery power: HTC One S

Oh, when wifi calling is enabled as "preferred", it automatically disables the phone's wireless radio so you'd think this would actually reduce battery usage since the radio for 802.11b/g/n is a lot lower power than your 2/3/4g radio.

ingram1225

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Support: Wi-Fi Calling drains the battery power: HTC One S

I've used this since the 25th, but I haven't noticed a problem. They say there is a fix coming though. Maybe they are saying that wifi calling feature, while actually on a call, causes more drain than necessary.

could be the case. thanks for passing on the info. I too have had my One s since the 25th (that evening. I was the first person to buy it at the local tmobile store. The sad part was, it was around 4pm when i bought it.

venious

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I haven't seen any One S commercials by T-Mobile yet. I have seen some with the new Girl rework though. Something has to drive people into the T-Mobile store, and it looks like they have to rely on word of mouth and people seeing the One S in someone's hand. Advertising doesn't come cheap, so I'll be enjoying this 4G network while everyone at AT&T and Verizon fight for their LTE bandwidth and outages. I moved from Verizon to T-Mobile, and I'm happy so far.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
HTC has been adding a screenshot feature to their recent phones. On my Rezound, you hold down the power button while pressing the Home capacitive button. I believe the One S should work the same way. Stock ICS does it differently.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
One S / Sense 4 question: Anybody use any of the 1x1 HTC toggle widgets? I'm wondering if the WiFi widget toggles on/off or takes you to the settings menu. Thanks.

303kush

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
The battery life on this phone is great. Way better than my amaze, gs2 or any other smartphone that ive owned.

My settings are...

Screen brightness @ 25%
Auto sync is on to sync 2 g mail accounts & weather.
I usually use my WiFi @ home but around town I'm on 4g when needed, if not its always off.

This phone is blazing fast. Beats any current phone out at the moment.

mgiusto

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to turn off the Sense lock-screen? I only want one lock-screen to get into the phone from sleep, the face-unlock or pattern, but now you have to get past the Sense lock before the Android lock-screen comes up.

303kush

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to turn off the Sense lock-screen? I only want one lock-screen to get into the phone from sleep, the face-unlock or pattern, but now you have to get past the Sense lock before the Android lock-screen comes up.

I don't believe there is.

jkvegas

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok I have kind of an odd question. Can you trim down a regular size sim card to work in a htc one s? I sometimes like to swap my sim card out to use in older phones I have. I want to have the option to use my sim on more than 1 phone.. Thanks for any info ...........

ImTheDuke

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
For some reason I can't get this phone to my pc via the provided usb cable. I got the latest HTC Sync program. Updated the usb drivers on my laptop. I open up HTC Sync and it says "No Device Detected" Anyone else with this problem?

venious

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
"No Device Detected" Anyone else with this problem?
Maybe you need to mount the storage on the phone via USB? Pull down the notification on the phone and follow the instructions. Just a guess, never used the software.

Sent from my HTC One S on T-Mobile

ImTheDuke

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Maybe you need to mount the storage on the phone via USB? Pull down the notification on the phone and follow the instructions. Just a guess, never used the software.

Sent from my HTC One S on T-Mobile

On my old Vibrant with Froyo thats what it did. Now there is nothing showing up in the notification bar. Funny thing is the phone does charge via usb.