Two Questions....

MrTyC

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've got two questions...first, has anyone gotten the free storage from Dropbox? It was prompting me to do five steps first. I did the steps, but one of them isnt registering. Any suggestions?

Second, I've seen a few mentions about battery life and want to get the most out of my phone. How has battery life been out there and what settings do you have to optimize the battery? Unfortunately I don't get much of a signal here where I work so I keep it on airplane mode. But I do want the best set up possible to get the most out of my battery.

ingram1225

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Can't really comment on battery life until after the phone is set up with how I like it... ie i stop playing with it to customize it... I'll give it a week before I make a real review on the battery.

I too have a poor signal at work thanks to 4 concrete walls and a lot of aviation electronic test equipment. I would recommend the airplane mode, or if your like me and have to receive calls, lowering your phone to just 2g only (GSM) as your probably not going to surf the web while restricted with a poor signal.

Next major thing to lower battery consumption, set the phone's display on low-half brightness, or just have it on auto.

The last thing is, since again your in a poor signal area, make sure your phone is only sync'ing the minimal amount. In my case I like my gmail and calander to be sync'ed but could care less if my facebook and HTC sense thing and whatever else is asking to sync... to not be sync'ed automatically. You can also change the HTC Sense Weather Clock on your home page to another clock, or adjust the weather settings to not sync all the time, and especially not to follow you (using gps) to give you the right weather in the right city your at.

Dropbox... I too am only at 2.5GB max space... not the combined 25gb HTC promised me. I did set up dropbox but have yet to use it on my phone. I'll mess around with that to see if it works.

Hope this helps for now.

ingram1225

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
ok. Looks like you must launch the dropbox app on your phone to initiate the 25gb space. As soon as I did that, I received the following email;

Hi William,

Thanks for supercharging your HTC device with Dropbox! To claim your extra 23 GB of space, complete five steps from our Get Started guide!
https://www.dropbox.com/gs
Enjoy,
- The Dropbox Team

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
You're using a service provider that doesn't work where you work? I don't know about you, but I use my phone more at work than anywhere else.

MrTyC

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I got my 25 GB...I just did one more of those options. I don't know why the first five steps didn't register. Still playing around trying to figure out battery life, but that will come.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae