Constantly rebooting, random signal loss.

gatorgirl2001

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my One S as hopefully a replacement for my factory unlocked iPhone 4s. In 24 hours, it has rebooted about 11 times. Totally random. Could be sitting on the counter, could be after trying to send a text while out. Each time the alert to send a report to HTC came up and I did so.

And it also randomly loses my TMobile signal. We've had them for 9 years in the same house going to the same places, and our other phones are not doing this (in case it was a network issue).

I really want to like the phone. It is super thin and fast, and the camera is nice. And I'd like to be done with my 4s edge speeds. Do I have a bad one? Or are these more QC issues? Anyone else with these problems? I really don't want to replace it only to have the same issues again.

gatorgirl2001

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I've never had to do a replacement. Do I just call them up and explain it and they send another one out? I ordered my upgrade thru tmobile.com. Could I go in the store to do this?

303kush

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I've never had to do a replacement. Do I just call them up and explain it and they send another one out? I ordered my upgrade thru tmobile.com. Could I go in the store to do this?

I am not to sure about the exchange policy when you order online but I believe when you buy in-store you have 14 days maybe 30 to return/ exchange the item. If I were you I would try going into the store and explaining it to them maybe they will exchange it on the spot if not they can place a online replacement order for you.

~303Kush

venious

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
No reboots at all since day one. I think sense restarted about 3 times, but that didn't bother me. Remove all your old apps and add them back slowly one by one over a few days until you catch the offending app...if that is the problem. If it continues, you should be able to take that phone into the store for a replacement if you got it from t-mobiles online store.

Sent from my HTC One S on T-Mobile

Reactions: big_time2

venious

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
How do you know there is signal loss? Dropped calls or are you just looking at the signal at the top right status icon? Keep in mind, if you have WiFi calling enabled and are connected to WiFi then you'll see an x above the cell radio since the feature by default disables the cell radio to conserve power and route calls and data over WiFi.

Sent from my HTC One S on T-Mobile

Reactions: D22D

gatorgirl2001

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Wifi calling is disabled. I'll just pick up the phone to make a call and it has the X and it makes me wait.

So I was re-excited by reading all these and started it up again after a factory reset. Did not install any apps from anywhere. Just rearranging things and doing widgets. Restarted 3 times in 30 minutes. Grrrrr.

gatorgirl2001

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
At my local tmobile now and they refuse to do it. They said I have to go thru online since I bought it there. And he told me to wait for the software update. I said that I had read that would fix the power drain issue and e said that there is a restarting issue too and it should fix it. Oh well, guess I'll see what customer care says.

animosus

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Do not wait for a software update. It is possible the problem is a hardware issue as well. You don't have the luxury of waiting for a software update.

Because you ordered it online you will have to send it back to T-mo for an exchange. You will need to do it before the 15-30 days to insure you get a brand new one back.

If it is possible to return the item without a restocking free, do so. You can purchase the same exact phone at walmart for $214 after taxes, no rebated needed. The phone might not be on walmart's website, but it is definitely sold in their mobile phone section. I purchased my One S at walmart.

MrTyC

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a similar issue where i drop calls and have a bad signal in places where a friend of mine, who has the same phone has a great signal. Last night, I left home connected to my wifi and it never showed it lost the signal. I was out to eat for a couple hours and it showed still connected to my home wifi. After dinner i got in the car and it completely shut down. Long story short, after a call with customer service, they told me to go to my local store to get a replacement. If I were you, I'd do the same thing. They are not offering replacements through the exchange program online yet since it's still a new phone.

D22D

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I am on Vodaphone network in UK and have now had this superb phone it has not rebooted but does suffer from signal dropping to show the small x which is a pain anybody else get this or is there a way to boost signal ?

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine for a week, and so far no random reboots or dropped calls, although I use wifi calling at home because I live in a TMo semi-dead spot. But no dropped network calls when I'm elsewhere. I would definitely trade it in, sounds like yours is defective.

mattpga

May 4, 2012
Visit site
had 2 restarts last night. It happened after i installed a live wallpaper Season Zen HD. it is supposed to be compatible and may not be the cause. So far so good today. No crashes in last 6 hrs use

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol