Horrible Call quality

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Only problem I've had is some calls come in so loud (which makes it rattle a bit)
that I have to turn the volume down halfway.
I've narrowed it down to just a few people that I talk to a lot.
Its weird because its not random, and most calls the volume is perfect turned up to max.

:confused:

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
keep us informed as to any changes. thinking of doing the same thing myself.

I went to T-mobile yesterday and they looked at me crossed eyed and said "your phone told you get a new SIM card?" and i stated yes... she then said we dont have the SIM card available for my phone yet.... we should be getting them within the next week. So ill keep on waiting and keep you posted.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
So I went back to get the new SIM card and they told me I would have to pay $19.99 for it..... So I passed. I'll wait for the update. fingers crossed

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So I went back to get the new SIM card and they told me I would have to pay $19.99 for it..... So I passed. I'll wait for the update. fingers crossed

The micro Sim in your phone is brand new, but I've seen that message pop up on other phones utilizing the new wifi calling set up. When you go to use wifi calling, does your little speech bubble turn red instead of blue? If that's the case then all you really need to have them do is update your 911 address. Then you'd just restart the phone and you should be set.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
The micro Sim in your phone is brand new, but I've seen that message pop up on other phones utilizing the new wifi calling set up. When you go to use wifi calling, does your little speech bubble turn red instead of blue? If that's the case then all you really need to have them do is update your 911 address. Then you'd just restart the phone and you should be set.

No when I recieved that message I had already updated my 911 information and it was a blue bubble. Not red. I know the SIM was brand new. I saw her take it out of the box, so the message baffled me as well.

dcx4610

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
OP, did you ever resolve your issue?

I just purchased a HTC One S and was shocked at how bad the earpiece speaker quality was. Every call over medium volume pops, crackles, vibrates and just sounds cheap. The phone sounds great with headphones and the external speaker sounds fine.

Based on comments here it seems like it's a common complaint but others I've seen say they don't any problem at all. Do we have defective phones or is it just the nature of the speaker?

I'm just wondering if I should go through the trouble of trying to get a replacement or if it's not worth the time or effort.

The_Lion

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I have not noticed poor call quality on my HTC One S. I typically don't have the volume up beyond mid range though. I did try it today just to see, but calling my home voice mail and my wife's voice mail I did not notice any issue with the volume turned up just over mid-range (middle). I've had the phone for a few weeks now and have taken a few calls, I guess now I'll be more alert for problems and not assume it's the other persons phone! ;)

dcx4610

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
The sound continues to drive me crazy and I think I've narrowed it down.

It seems like ONLY mobile calls are affected. Every mobile call I make has the annoying crackling and rattling sound regardless if I call another cell phone or landline. I thought it was the ear piece but if you turn on speaker phone which uses a different speaker, the same crackling occurs. The same speaker when playing music or any other sound has no problems.

So it looks like just the cell network is causing the issue. I'm wondering if it is an isolated issue or if this a software problem? Anyone else having the problem or have anymore details? I love the phone but the mobile call quality is unacceptable for such an expensive phone.

dekesask

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I too noticed a bit of distortion when the volume was high, however a little poor audio over the ear piece doesn't worry me too much as I rarely take call on the device itself. I have blue tooth headphones to listen the the android central podcast while working then if a call comes in I can keep going!

Plus how many phone calls do i actually make?;)

emanu900

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

I purchased an One S via Orange (it has the S3 cpu but it is working fine, the OS version is 4.0.3).
I noticed the issue with the ear speaker and I've encountered it also with the external speaker (especially when I use Skype - doesn't counts if it is via 3G or Wifi).

So clearly this is a OS issue and not a hardware one, waiting now for the 4.0.4 update to see the quality as I understood that this new version has multiple bugs fixed.

Regards,
Manu

David Faibs

May 5, 2013
Visit site
My speakers are crackling. Very frustrating. However, the worst problem about the phone is the call quality. This is my first day and people that I call cannot understand what I am saying. Portions of conversations are getting garbled on both ends. It seems like this would be a huge problem for the future sales of this phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nephalem42