Anyone else having problems with no notifications for new message

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
I constantly get new messages but there is no notification icon nor is the light blinking? Once I open the messages application, there are always new messages.

I saw a couple of posts on different blogs that One X is having this issue as well.

Anyone else with the same problem?

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anyone else having problems with no notifications for new mes

yeeeessssss!!!!!! same issue for me. drives me nuts. i feel like a jerk when it was an important message and i never responded.... this needs to be fixed! im hoping the update will address this

jibby

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I have this problem too. I no longer rely on notifications... I just check all the time now.

We shouldn't have to do this.

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site

Completely agree. I've called both T-Mobile and HTC to let them know, and they both said they would forward the information to the right people. Hope it gets fixed in the next software update.

earlytomid80s

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

just like the push email issue, i'm pretty sure this related to the whole multitasking fiasco that HTC is calling a "feature". US versions of One S and One X both suffer from the same issues and in dire need of an update from HTC.

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Thinking about getting the 32GB international version. Does anyone with the international version have this problem?

303kush

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Strange..I'm on my 4th HTC one s for unrelated issues but I've never had a notification issue with any of them. I would suggest checking all your settings to make sure all the notifications are on if not try a master reset?

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

I'm not having notification issues, either...but I use Chomp, so don't know if that makes a difference...

kxc1279

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

Hi I have the international One X and it is pretty perfect. No notification issues so far.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

Had my first non-notification this morning (T-Mobile US) ... can't pin it on anything different, my phone was in my side backpack pocket at the time. Very odd!

Darius Juodokas

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay, now look. I'm not sure whether I do understand it right, but...
When a phone receives a message, the messaging application analyzes it and sets an EVENT(new.mesg or so) (not sure about the exact mechanism: does it just set the EVENT or sends directly to the notification daemon). The EVENTS are monitored by various applications. Ideally the notification daemon sees that EVENT and creates a notification based on its information (senders name, text or so).

NOW what if some other application steals an EVENT? in that case the notification daemon has nothing to show (since it receives nothing).
What I am leading to is that some applications may ?steal your message? and set its own EVENT (and what if it is not meant to be set?). Just like Go SMS does.

I had this problem (not notifying abt new messages) for a while and started to think how all that machanism might be working. I came up with this idea and.. removed Go SMS app. And that's how my problem was solved. Now I have both: auditory and visual notifications about new messages back :)

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Okay, now look. I'm not sure whether I do understand it right, but...
When a phone receives a message, the messaging application analyzes it and sets an EVENT(new.mesg or so) (not sure about the exact mechanism: does it just set the EVENT or sends directly to the notification daemon). The EVENTS are monitored by various applications. Ideally the notification daemon sees that EVENT and creates a notification based on its information (senders name, text or so).

NOW what if some other application steals an EVENT? in that case the notification daemon has nothing to show (since it receives nothing).
What I am leading to is that some applications may ?steal your message? and set its own EVENT (and what if it is not meant to be set?). Just like Go SMS does.

I had this problem (not notifying abt new messages) for a while and started to think how all that machanism might be working. I came up with this idea and.. removed Go SMS app. And that's how my problem was solved. Now I have both: auditory and visual notifications about new messages back :)

You can put it any way you want to, the point is that half the time when I get a text message, the phone doesn't make a sound, the light doesn't blink, there is no message icon in the notification bar, but when I open the text app, there are messages in there. Maybe it is not 50% of the time, but it happens every single day, a bunch of times per day.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You can put it any way you want to, the point is that half the time when I get a text message, the phone doesn't make a sound, the light doesn't blink, there is no message icon in the notification bar, but when I open the text app, there are messages in there. Maybe it is not 50% of the time, but it happens every single day, a bunch of times per day.
I am having the same issue with text messages. It started happening a few weeks ago maybe. I can tell you this has nothing to do with the 4.04 update either because I have yet to receive the damn update! I'm running out of patience with HTC and this phone

Nona Gevorgyan

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
hey, i had the same problem, i was playing where is my water and suddenly after it i stopped getting notifications, i think there is a point that other applications "steal" messages. I had Chomp SMS application for more smileys, I removed it and got notifications :) So you guys think what other application can steal your messages and remove it!!