One S Screen Flicker

dekesask

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed the occasional "flicker" on my one s, particularly in the messaging app while typing. The screen almost flashes, but its very quick. I have yet to manually reproduce this, and I am not sure if its a software or hardware issue? I have looked at the dev settings and I don't have anything set to warn of cpu usage or anything. I have been using swift key 3 as my keyboard but I don't see how that would effect it. Any advice would be appreciated.

D

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
no advice man, i too have the same issue, and i too use SK3. not sure what the issue is. i have been pondering it for awhile now....

dekesask

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't think its wiring or auto brightness, it really only seems to be in the messaging app that i noticed it, however i still haven't tried using just the stock keyboard as i love swift key so much. I guess I need to suck it up and if it happens with the stock keyboard I'll contact htc.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
The funny thing is. I never thought to think about the auto brightness, but since I turned that off... It hasnt done it. (which make no sense to me) how does that only effect the messaging app?? (I too love Swiftkey and dont use any other keyboards) Possibly a weird combination?

tbonn41fn

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that mine too, but I don't pay any attention to it. I get the flash when I turn it on after it times out. No big deal, it's not hurting anything......

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Android Central Forums

datdo0d

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed the occasional "flicker" on my one s, particularly in the messaging app while typing. The screen almost flashes, but its very quick. I have yet to manually reproduce this, and I am not sure if its a software or hardware issue? I have looked at the dev settings and I don't have anything set to warn of cpu usage or anything. I have been using swift key 3 as my keyboard but I don't see how that would effect it. Any advice would be appreciated.

D

Same problem, same everything actually. Swiftkey 3, it only happens in the messaging app and always while I'm typing. I guess I'll try the stock keyboard for a while but I hope someone comes up with a fix for this and a few other bugs I've noticed because its pretty annoying.

BSrz24311

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I am also having the same issue, but I have an additional issue too. I have noticed not only in the messaging app, but email, settings, and on many hardware pages when I go to enter or exit a page it will sometimes pause with a red box around the outside of my screen. At first it was only occassional, but it seems to get much more common every day. Any suggestions, oh and I too use swiftkey, but I have tried other keyboards and turning off auto screen brightness.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01