Is there a way to get rid of pre-loaded apps?

iLayout

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've got the HTC One S and I love it but I want to install all the pre-loaded apps T-Mobile put on there that I don't use.

I looked at the other threads and I'm still unclear of how to do it.

What does rooting the phone do?

JadenBrown30

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
It's basically jailbreaking on the iPod/iPhone. Think of it as being a computer administrator on a Windows PC, however, rooting your phone voids the warranty at the expense of having total control over your phone :p

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

JadenBrown30

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
It all depends on the phone, try checking a little around this site or xda-developers.com. I'll try and find a thread about it for you.

JadenBrown30

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Deletes everything on the phone, but if you do it through the settings while rooted, the phone won't boot

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
no need to root it with your one s. go to settings, apps, all, click on the ones you dont want and then hit disable

and dont root yet, that is my opinion. there is only one ROM currently for the one S and its unstable. just disable them for now until a stable Rom is released.

JadenBrown30

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
no need to root it with your one s. go to settings, apps, all, click on the ones you dont want and then hit disable

and dont root yet, that is my opinion. there is only one ROM currently for the one S and its unstable. just disable them for now until a stable Rom is released.

I think he/she wants to root just to get rid of the apps, and I never thought of the disable button unless he/she wants to remove them for extra space ;)

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
How come I can only disable some of the apps?

Thanks for the help so far

make sure you dont disable the ones you need. such as phone and stuff. but just the apps you dont want. and if you updated the apps, you will need to uninstall updates first, then disable. everything should work fine. search this forum for what apps are safe to disable