Rebates for the HTC One S PLUS the trade in program

ingram1225

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone received their rebates yet? I bought my HTC One S with a $50 manufacture rebate PLUS the rebate for trading in my old Android phone (was that $50 or $100? I forget) ON April 25, almost 3 months ago. I have yet to receive any money from T-Mobile.

seangprice

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I purchased two phones and I've recieved the two 50$ cards. I'm still waiting on my trade in rebate for my iphone 3gs.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Android Central Forums

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I bought my One S the same day as you. I got the regular $50 rebate over a month ago, but I am still waiting on the trade-in rebate (the trade-in phone was received and passed inspection on 5/2). I wrote to the e-mail address on the status page for mytradeins.com a week ago and they answered back promptly. They said that the rebate will be going out mid-month - I will believe it when I see it though...will write them back if I don't see it by the end of next week. The trade-in company recently changed ownership so that may be a reason why for the delay, I dunno though.

Your old Android phone should result in a $100 credit. You can check that at the mytradeins.com website.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I generated the trade-in voucher and sent it in myself, although the store gave me the padded envelope to put the phone in. Also generated the regular rebate form and did everything myself with that - store didn't even tell me about the $50 rebate, I looked it up myself.

Reactions: ingram1225

ingram1225

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Status: Your Trade-In is currently open. If your phone qualifies under the terms and conditions of the program you will receive your credit within 6 to 8 weeks after the day we receive the phone. If you have any questions please contact tradein@twsmail1.com and please include your voucher number.

Thank you for participating in the Trade-In Program.

ingram1225

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Yea I asked the guys at the Tmobile store many times about the HTC $50 rebate. They charged me the full 'upgrade' price of $279 (including tax) so I know they didnt give it to me.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, it's sounding like your trade-in phone may have never been received by the trade-in processor.

My status says:

Your Trade-In has been received on 05-02-2012 and inspected on 05-02-2012. Your phone has : Passed power up tests, no screen damage, no liquid damage, proof of purchase was received. Your total credit will be $100.00.

If your phone qualified under the terms and conditions of the program, you will receive your credit within 6 to 8 weeks after the day that we received the phone. If you have any questions please contact tradein@twsmail1.com and please include your voucher number.

Thank you for participating in the Trade-In Program.

Did you check on the $50 rebate? You can do that at www.tmobilerebates.com, doesn't give very detailed information but enough to know it was received and processed. Kinda sounds like the store generated the voucher forms for your rebates but never actually sent things in - hopefully that's not the case for you!

feoysolo

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What timing!

I sent in my HTC EVO Shift 4G and got confirmation that it was accepted for the full $100 rebate but I cannot find the confirmation now and there is no record on the T-Mobile rebate page of my rebate. I am totally confused and a little irritated.

So, no I have not yet seen my rebate check and since I gave up a perfectly good phone I am about to raise hell if I can't find any information pronto.

EDIT: Come to think of it I may not have received a confirmation email but maybe just checked the status and saw that it was accepted. WTF?

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I sent in 5 phones to the trade-in site last year during one of the promotions... I think it was for the Amaze 4G. I had to call them at least 6 times to follow-up. My trades were worth over $450. In the end, which was nearly 4 months later, I received 3 seperate checks totaling the amount I had expected. But the fact is that I had to ride these people like crazy. The bottom line is that the checks did come in but it was a major hassle.

ingram1225

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE:

went to the Tmobile retail store where I bought the phone and actually got the same salesman... really cool guy. I told him my story, and without even questioning it, he issued me a new rebate mail in form (this time he gave it to me to mail in) so that I can get the manufacture rebate. He than said he would call the trade in place and inquire about where the phone that THEY sent in is. He said he would call me tomorrow, one day later.

I have no doubt in my mind that he will call them. BTW if your in Burlington, washington... go to cascade mall to the Tmobile store.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Anybody receive their trade-in rebate yet? Mine has yet to appear despite what they e-mailed me - if it isn't in my mailbox tomorrow, then I'm writing them again.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Update...looks like it's finally coming!

Dear Trade-in Program Participant,

Your Trade-in, submitted for the T-Mobile? Magenta Deal Days promotion, (4/25-5/9) has been approved for the full promotional payment!

You will be mailed your Visa prepaid Debit card within 15 days.

We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may have caused. Please contact us at tradein@twsmail1.com should you have any questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,
The Trade-in Team

Got that in an unsolicited email today.

frettfreak

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
man i got my one s during the fathers day promotion (as well as my wifes) sent in the rebates the monday after i bought the phones and STILL dont have my $400 in rebates!! Its a little ridiculous that it takes so long.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
For all of you that are hassling them and getting your rebates six months later, there are dozens who never get them and just give up. Retailers know that fulfillment rates on mail-in rebates are low, it's a successful consumer scam IMHO.

// Sent from my Interociter using the AC forum app //

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Well hey! My $100 rebate card finally arrived in the mail today - almost four months after I sent the phone in. Will wonders ever cease. :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey