T-Mobile US 4.0.4 update out now!

frettfreak

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Mine is rooted too, I thought it would re-lock the boot loader if you use the OTA. Can you check and make sure it's still unlocked & rooted? If so I'll use the OTA instead of waiting for the rooted version .
be careful... if you have an hboot below 1.13 the update MAY update your hboot too and you would no longer be able to flash radios and kernels in TWRP. ;)

stvo

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Good update. The menu button, stable connectivity and improved battery life were definitely need

Sent from my HTC 1S using Tapatalk

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Phone connectivity as far as signal stability and strength so far continues to act as if VASTLY improved. Have not seen that 'x' in the signal indicator (except, of course when there really is no signal for anyone, like in the subway and tunnel) since I updated, whereas before I would get that at least twice a day. That was really my only problem with it, so I am very happy with this update. And the phone does seem even zippier although it was fast already.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
wow... I had to jump through hoops to download this updated as I used to have the phone rooted. but glad I returned to Stock, This update is a huge improvment. Seems smoothers in every since. seems more responsive, and definitly notice less ping during connection. its very fast now. I still need to try out wifi calling.... to see if that got better.... hopefully no more crackling

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
So no 'crackling' anymore, or still the same situation?

Infinitely better for me. Little bits of very quiet crackling a couple times during an hour long conversation, but no fading out or dropping. Clearest convo I've had with my mom in months.

Also, multi - tasking is improved. Can't really say about battery life, cause I use Juice Defender.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

frettfreak

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
anyone notice if this changes your HBOOT version?? My wifes phone isnt rooted (yet) but she has hboot 1.09 and i dont want that to change cause it makes life SOO much easier when rooted so just wondering if anyone noticed the difference in version?? I was waiting for someone to post up a rooted stock version but there hasnt even been mention of one.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
well I tried the wifi calling. it does seem better... at first... no difference but then it become very clean sounding. So that is nice. also like blaize said... way better on the multitasking. but seems to suck a little more battery. but thats okay with me. ill take the sacrifies.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I can't tell for sure on battery life, but, yeah, maybe a little bit worse. Overall this is a very worth it update.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody know when I can expect this update on my one S? I'm on iwireless which is a T-Mobile affiliate and owned by T-Mobile. I'm sick of all the glitches and really want this update

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I just downloaded and installed the update. I see the option to remap the recent apps button but it does nothing. Also, where is the quick settings in the dropdown?

So far it seems alot smoother and signal seems better. Will update after I use it some more.

Sorry for the dual post...

Same here, menu button does not work, it still brings up recent apps button even after I changed it.

I guess I will have to wait for the next update to fix it, hopefully 4.2 jellybean by then

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Still no update for me yet! Emailed HTC and they were no help at all

Are you sure? Go to Settings > about > Software Update and it says your up to date? Check Software Information... What android version do you have? 4.0.4 is the latest one. What region are you in?

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure? Go to Settings > about > Software Update and it says your up to date? Check Software Information... What android version do you have? 4.0.4 is the latest one. What region are you in?

I'm in Iowa but I'm not on T-mobile. I'm on Iwireless which is a regional carrier owned by T-Mobile. I have 4.03 still

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Iowa but I'm not on T-mobile. I'm on Iwireless which is a regional carrier owned by T-Mobile. I have 4.03 still

I searched high and low for you. I had no luck at finding good news. Someone else asked the same question on XDA and no one answered. Looks like your carrier (since its prepaid) wont get the update. And HTC doesnt offer a downloadable version over the interenet. The only way to update is with the OTA update on the phone that has to go threw your carrier. Hopefully HTC will make the downloadable version available soon. Id try contacting them and seeing what they could do... They might send it to you. Who knows...

Or you can always choose to root your phone and download whatever version you want. Good luck

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I searched high and low for you. I had no luck at finding good news. Someone else asked the same question on XDA and no one answered. Looks like your carrier (since its prepaid) wont get the update. And HTC doesnt offer a downloadable version over the interenet. The only way to update is with the OTA update on the phone that has to go threw your carrier. Hopefully HTC will make the downloadable version available soon. Id try contacting them and seeing what they could do... They might send it to you. Who knows...

Or you can always choose to root your phone and download whatever version you want. Good luck

I'm not prepaid, they offer prepaid but they also have monthly plans with 2 year contract like every other carrier. I called iwireless and they told me all updates come directly from HTC and i would definitely get it. I emailed HTC and they just danced around the question and said they don't have any information on when updates are released. Im sick of the bugs with this phone with signal fluctuation between 4g, 3g, and edge. Poor WiFi and no menu button