HTC One S and apn settings

duckie126

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I have an HTC One S that I am trying to use Straight Talk on. It's a t-mobile branded phone so the Straight Talk sim is their t-mobile one. The problem is the apn settings are locked to T-Mobile. I can set an apn for Straight Talk and then choose the button for that apn. But as soon as I leave the settings screen, the apn reverts back to the T-Mobile setting which has a padlock by it. The phone is unlocked but that doesn't solve the problem. I have talked to Straight Talk, HTC, and T-Mobile and they all tell me that the other company needs to fix it. Finally a tech at T-Mobile said I need a puc code or sim subsidy code but I would have to get it from Straight Talk. ST says they don't have the code.
Can anyone help?

lethalinjectionj

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
download apn backup and restore from the play store. back up your current apns. press the delete apns button. and then upload the new ones. should be .xml extension

startin509

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Sorry new to forum and I am getting no where with T-Mob or Straight Talk. About 4 days ago I lost my ability to get internet even tho I am holding a 4G signal I have had my HTC Sensation 4G ffrom T-Mob set-up with the same apn settings that the Straight TalK Sim Card came with. It keeps trying to access the web through T-Mob and comes back as an error 500, please help

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest looking up the APN settings online and verify that everything matches... I just had to do this with my Tmo phone putting a solavei Sim card in it. APNs can be tricky, if that doesnt work, Id take it to Tmobile and have them fix it, Good luck

prenoobster

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
make sure you are saving the APN settings once you have entered them in.. IE menu/save
also dont forget to leave the proxy out if you dont care about MMS - this will increase your speed drastically