HTC One S - Viber problem

lauracroser

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Viber problem

Hi, All my viber messages have disappeared since yesterday. My contacts are there in the order of messages received and sent but when I click on the contact the text messages are no longer there. The only thing that I did different was travel from Florida to Ireland and I turned off my data roaming....can't see how that would affect but just want to give you all the information. My viber is working fine here, but not happy about my old messages gone. Thanks

mat800

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Viber problem

hello,

I can't add any new contacts to viber, and the new contactsfind me in their list and can call me , but I can't call them and a message appears saying this contact doesn't have viber yet .....

by the way my phone model is Galaxy W

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

@lauracroser -

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no option to restore the message history at the moment. It was deleted due to a unique bug we believe appears only in a specific OS, device brand and setting combination and we are working on fixing it in our labs. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we will do whatever is in our power to prevent this from reoccurring.

@mat800 -

The source of this issue could greatly vary. Please read this short page in our HelpDesk, outlining some possible workarounds that will help reboot synchronization of the contact list: Android: Contact list is not showing your friends as Viber users?

alhacros

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Hello,
I've been using Viber on my Samsung Galaxy Europa GT-I5500 for over a year. Since the last upgrade, the app won't initialize, the screen was going black and back to home screen in a minute or so. I've uninstalled the app, and when I've tried to re-install, the app won't install. Here is what I tried :
  1. downloading from Google Play. The message "Installation unsuccessful" "Insufficient storage available"
  2. downloading *.apk from viber.com. No joy - the message reads "Application not installed".
  3. Uninstalled a few applications, to free up more system memory for Viber. No joy.
  4. Downloaded and old 6Mb version apk, no joy. "Application not installed"

My devise info :
Model No GT-I5500
Firmware version 2.1-update1
Kernel version 2.6.29-perf

Storage info :
Internal Total 186 MB, 49% free, used 93.35 MB, Free 93.05MB
SD Card 15% free Total 0.95GB, Used 818MB, Free 150MB
System 11% free, Used 150MB, Free 19.68MB

Thanks a million

guysouls

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

Hi support,

Hope you could help me.. Ive been experiencing issues with viber recently on my galaxy s4. I always get this message everytime i make a call "Viber service is currently unavailable or being blocked. Please try again later. Place a regular call instead". I tried both 4g and wifi and Im getting the same message. The first ive had this experienced, i will only get this message on a wifi connection. The troubleshooting i did was, turn on my 4g.. then switched back to wifi and everything will be fine. But today, both connections are not working. Any help is appreciated..
Regards,
Ed

PS: I have tried uninstalling viber already and still no go..

kopriva

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

Hello
i have huawei y300 with the 4.1.1 version of android. I am experiencing problems with the viber, the other side cant hear me. i tried to install-reinstall viber, but it wont work. i also tried to install older versions of viber, but none of the older versions didnt work (couldnt even start). what could be problem for this? regards.

Adel Macarambon

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

Excuse me. I am using Viber a while ago. and then after like 5 mins, it always crashes when i Open it. What's the solution? Please I need answers.

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

@guysouls -

It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer or your Internet Service Provider)

* If it still fails, please specify what country you're located in, and which cellular network you're subscribed to.

@kopriva -

Please note that we haven?t fully tested your device yet, and therefore we cannot guarantee full functionality of Viber on it. That may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially compatible devices: Is your Android supported with Viber (system requirements)?

Nevertheless, we invite you to write the details of the problem to our support team, so we at least have the information documented and may test it in the future. Here is the direct link: Your ticket details (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to add the URL of our conversation). Thank you in advance :)

@Adel Macarambon -

Hi,
What device and operating system do you have? Do you have a Custom ROM?

masta pisho

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

[CENTERi[/CENTER] viber team...please help me out ... I accidendly hv deactivated my viber account and I want to activare it again wiith the same number but it is having priblem inaccess code.. plzzzzzzz help me out plzz I need viber urgently:(

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

[CENTERi[/CENTER] viber team...please help me out ... I accidendly hv deactivated my viber account and I want to activare it again wiith the same number but it is having priblem inaccess code.. plzzzzzzz help me out plzz I need viber urgently:(

Hi,
Our code delivery system is completely automated. The only way to receive the activation code is through the usual registration process.

Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options). You may also try to register to Viber through a few different WiFi networks.

In addition, you may try to register to Viber with a different number (for example - your home landline number, a friend's number, etc.), in order to determine whether the problem is specific with your number, or a general one.

* If it still fails, please specify what country you're located in, and which cellular network you are subscribed to.

rfq98

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

Viber is not loading. It is failing to load, even if you uninstall and reinstall.
Why Viber personal does not show face telling ---on their website--- this is a current issue , and they are working on it.

FAYEDEV

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site

hello good morning sir my tablet is not working because when i open it only displays black screen and a word " viber was crashed call imeediately an engineer and so on..." what shoul i do

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

hello good morning sir my tablet is not working because when i open it only displays black screen and a word " viber was crashed call imeediately an engineer and so on..." what shoul i do

Thank you for the report of the problem.

We would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to add the URL of our conversation). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance :)

emantahahabana

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

my phone is samsung s3 ...and latery i have peoblem that i cant hear the outcome and income call the other can hear me but me not ..i tried to reinstall it but it didnt work how can i solve it

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

my phone is samsung s3 ...and latery i have peoblem that i cant hear the outcome and income call the other can hear me but me not ..i tried to reinstall it but it didnt work how can i solve it

Thank you for the report of the problem.

We would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to specify the link to this page in the approapriate place in the form, for monitoring purposes). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance :)