Google Navigation keeps force closing!

bugsy101

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

SInce updating my stock HTC One S to Android 4.1.1 and HTC 4+, I cannot get Navigation to work properly. It force closes every 10 or so seconds.

The GPS is clearly working as it does find the route immediately, and starts to navigate - but then closes!

I rely heavily on Google Nav and seeing as I just got a new refurbished phone from my network, I don't want to have to put this one in for repair as well and be phonelesss for another week +...

Is this a known problem?

Thanks as always,

Bugsy

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue. Can't speak for others, but I have had no problems with Nav since the upgrade.

I know it sounds really basic but have you tried restarting your phone? Also clearing cache and defaults in the Nav app may help if you haven't already done that. I'm sure there are others who know more about troubleshooting issues and hopefully they will chime in.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

PeterMaynard

May 13, 2013
Visit site
So glad I am not the only one with this problem. Been wondering if there is insufficient RAM as when I check Task Manager, there is often 800MB+ being used.
Doing my head in so would be very interested in any suggested solutions

thedoo79

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here after the JB update. I switched to Waze for navigation, nothing else seemed to work for Maps navigation.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34