How to uninstall Clockwork Mod Recovery on HTC One S

myersl

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm completely new to everything hacking, modding, etc. I bought an HTC One S (T-Mobile) on Craigslist and when I went to install a software update, it took me to ClockworkMod Recovery mode. I don't do any hacking and will never use this. How do I uninstall/remove it? I also think the phone is running a custom kernel. I basically want to get rid of all of this and start like a new phone from the store. Is that possible?

Here are as many details as I can manage:
HTC One S (T-Mobile)
Recovery v.6.0.3.1
Kernel: root@ABM032 #1

I know about phones and Android, I've just never gotten into hacking, etc. PLEASE help!

Thank you!!

I did a few searches in the forums and I didn't find a thread like this so hopefully I'm not bothering anyone. I also posted this on the XDA-Developers forum but I haven't gotten a response.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm completely new to everything hacking, modding, etc. I bought an HTC One S (T-Mobile) on Craigslist and when I went to install a software update, it took me to ClockworkMod Recovery mode. I don't do any hacking and will never use this. How do I uninstall/remove it? I also think the phone is running a custom kernel. I basically want to get rid of all of this and start like a new phone from the store. Is that possible?

Here are as many details as I can manage:
HTC One S (T-Mobile)
Recovery v.6.0.3.1
Kernel: root@ABM032 #1

I know about phones and Android, I've just never gotten into hacking, etc. PLEASE help!

Thank you!!

I did a few searches in the forums and I didn't find a thread like this so hopefully I'm not bothering anyone. I also posted this on the XDA-Developers forum but I haven't gotten a response.

First you need to unroot the phone. Which means you need to run the RUU for your phone. but before you can run the RUU you need to flash the stock boot.img
Do a search for both of those items. Install the boot.img using fastboot. and once its completed and you have all the drivers required on you computer, then just run the RUU and the computer will do the rest. It will completely wipe the phone back to stock so you can install the updates

Good luck

myersl

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. This definitely taught me a lot. I was too afraid to do it myself so I took it to a local shop so a "pro" could work on it. The guy there said he tried three different RUUs and none of them worked. It really baffled him and in the end I just gave up and went and bought an HTC One. :D

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. This definitely taught me a lot. I was too afraid to do it myself so I took it to a local shop so a "pro" could work on it. The guy there said he tried three different RUUs and none of them worked. It really baffled him and in the end I just gave up and went and bought an HTC One. :D

No worries. He most likely didnt flash the stock Boot.img first. (he could have also used Superuser to "unroot") then did a factory reset, then flash the boot.img and I can guarentee the RUU would have worked then, but with out the boot.img it for some reason the RUU cannot communicate with the phone properly. (I had to do this myself and it was frustrating at first)

Hope you enjoy your new phone!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781