Okay so during a rom flash, my phone deleted my entire phone storage, meaning the original android files, ROM's, Nand Backups, and i dont have any of these anywhere else. I can access TWRP Touch edition, and i can enter bootloader. My phone starts up and then stays in a bootloop with every ROM ive tried to install (CM, PAC-man, Etc.) I cant figure out how to even just get the original rom back at this point can anyone help?
    10-15-2013 08:29 PM
    Okay so during a rom flash, my phone deleted my entire phone storage, meaning the original android files, ROM's, Nand Backups, and i dont have any of these anywhere else. I can access TWRP Touch edition, and i can enter bootloader. My phone starts up and then stays in a bootloop with every ROM ive tried to install (CM, PAC-man, Etc.) I cant figure out how to even just get the original rom back at this point can anyone help?
    When you flash a ROM you may need to flash the boot.img

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2
    10-19-2013 07:25 PM
    When you flash a ROM you may need to flash the boot.img

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2
    Sorry for the inexperienced question, but where would i locate the boot.img
    10-19-2013 08:19 PM
    Sorry for the inexperienced question, but where would i locate the boot.img

Ok, inside the zip of the rom you flashed, there is a file called boot. On your desktop, drag out the boot.img. Download this. It's an easy way to get fastboot and adb access without having to download android sdk. Extract the folder to your desktop. put the boot.img inside the folder called ADB-Fastboot. Now open up cmd. Then change the directory of the prompt so that it aims to the ADB-Fastboot folder. Then type "adb reboot bootloader" so your phones goes into bootloader. It should boot into a mode called fastboot. On your phone's screen, you should see "Fastboot usb" in red. Then type "fastboot flash boot boot.img" Then once it finishes flashing, you can either reboot to see if it gets passed the htc screen or reflash the rom and then try rebooting again.
    10-19-2013 08:41 PM
    I have fastboot and adb already, cant i just put it on the sd using recovery and flash from there to make it simple?
    10-19-2013 08:52 PM
    Ok, inside the zip of the rom you flashed, there is a file called boot. On your desktop, drag out the boot.img. Download this. It's an easy way to get fastboot and adb access without having to download android sdk. Extract the folder to your desktop. put the boot.img inside the folder called ADB-Fastboot. Now open up cmd. Then change the directory of the prompt so that it aims to the ADB-Fastboot folder. Then type "adb reboot bootloader" so your phones goes into bootloader. It should boot into a mode called fastboot. On your phone's screen, you should see "Fastboot usb" in red. Then type "fastboot flash boot boot.img" Then once it finishes flashing, you can either reboot to see if it gets passed the htc screen or reflash the rom and then try rebooting again.
    I have fastboot and adb already, cant i just put it on the sd using recovery and flash from there to make it simple?
    10-19-2013 08:53 PM
    No, doesnt work that way. You have to do it manually. And do you mean you have android sdk already?
    10-19-2013 08:58 PM
    No, doesnt work that way. You have to do it manually. And do you mean you have android sdk already?
    Yeah ive had it because, the phone was already rooted and everything its just after a bad flash recently it just went haywire
    10-19-2013 09:02 PM
    Yeah ive had it because, the phone was already rooted and everything its just after a bad flash recently it just went haywire
    It's easier if you just download my folder. Less work, but you can put the boot.img inside the platform-tools folder instead.
    10-19-2013 09:06 PM
    hello i did what you said,but it cannot find device any ideas please I have HTC one S and does not actually have a sd card for my phone
    It has it's own memory of 10 gbs i think
    12-03-2013 09:50 AM
    hello i did what you said,but it cannot find device any ideas please I have HTC one S and does not actually have a sd card for my phone
    It has it's own memory of 10 gbs i think
    Sorry, I haven't been to this post in a while as that file is a bit outdated. What do you need help with?
    12-04-2013 07:24 PM