sim network unlock / stock ROM reversion issue

nagatron

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm in Vietnam right now and trying to unlock my sim network for use with the cards you can buy here. Unfortunately I can't do that from my CM ROM and my twrp backup of the stock ROM hangs at the HTC one loading screen.

Anyone have any ideas? Once I get back to the stock ROM I can punch in my unlock code and use my recent CM ROM back up which works perfectly. Unsure why my stock backup is failing to boot properly.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm in Vietnam right now and trying to unlock my sim network for use with the cards you can buy here. Unfortunately I can't do that from my CM ROM and my twrp backup of the stock ROM hangs at the HTC one loading screen.

Anyone have any ideas? Once I get back to the stock ROM I can punch in my unlock code and use my recent CM ROM back up which works perfectly. Unsure why my stock backup is failing to boot properly.

Do you have s-on?

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

nagatron

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I do.

Apparently I didn't need to remove it to flash CM onto the device. Do I need to be S-OFF to reflash the stock ROM?

I've looked into S-OFF and it appears the only remaining option for my device is the moonshine program which doesn't appear to be compatible with CM.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I do.

Apparently I didn't need to remove it to flash CM onto the device. Do I need to be S-OFF to reflash the stock ROM?

I've looked into S-OFF and it appears the only remaining option for my device is the moonshine program which doesn't appear to be compatible with CM.

Well you could get s off, or you could just connect the phone to your computer and navigate to the twrp folder inside your phone. Navigate to the backup you have, and copy the boot image onto your desktop. Then flash that backup and flash the boot.img manually to see if that will make it boot again.