Are these features Android or nonSense?

toddjy

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm quickly growing to hate my HTC One S (for another word for crap). I'm wondering if some of the things I hate about it are part of HTC's nonSense or if they're just part of Android.

First, standard setting is for a box to pop up after every call asking me if I want to add the caller to contacts. After the first month or two, most calls are wrong numbers or advertising. On the other hand, there is no way to save a new caller to contacts except manually typing the number and name in. Android or nonSense?

When I open my browser, I'm at the last page I viewed. Hitting back takes me back to a page I previously viewed, rather than closing the browser. Is this apparent lack of a home page part of Chrome, or a nonSense feature?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm quickly growing to hate my HTC One S (for another word for crap). I'm wondering if some of the things I hate about it are part of HTC's nonSense or if they're just part of Android.

First, standard setting is for a box to pop up after every call asking me if I want to add the caller to contacts. After the first month or two, most calls are wrong numbers or advertising. On the other hand, there is no way to save a new caller to contacts except manually typing the number and name in. Android or nonSense?

When I open my browser, I'm at the last page I viewed. Hitting back takes me back to a page I previously viewed, rather than closing the browser. Is this apparent lack of a home page part of Chrome, or a nonSense feature?

The first part is both sense and android itself. The second is just chrome. You can probably set a home page in the chrome settings.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

The popup for contact IDs does not exist in stock Android.

Chrome doesn't have a home page. You can replicate one by making a bookmark for the home page you want and using the bookmark to open the browser.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I've always used stock or CM and have never encountered the contact ID popup. There are other ways to add contact info. Long pressing a number in email, text, etc. gives you the option to add number.

You might like Next Browser. It has an actual home screen, custom search bar and news feed.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar