hopefully someone can help so I don't have to purchase a new phone just yet........
    I have an HTC One S. I'm currently unable to update any apps, or add any more because of "insufficient space". I'm no techie, but I was able to find this info on my phone :
    Internal Storage : Total space 2.21 GB/ APPS 1.76 GB/ Available - 466 MP

Phone Storage: Total space 9.93 GB/ Available 7.40 GB

so, here is my question..........it's apparent that all my apps are stored on the "internal storage" - is that considered the SIM card? I think I saw a way to move all of these to the Phone Storage space......is that advisable? Is there a way to set the Phone Storage as the default storage space for any new apps?

Thank you so so much ! I just don't have an extra $500 laying around, and don't want to add any more to my monthly bill. Besides the battery working like crap, this is the only other issue I have with this phone, LOVE my phone.
    10-28-2014 09:21 AM
    hopefully someone can help so I don't have to purchase a new phone just yet........
    I have an HTC One S. I'm currently unable to update any apps, or add any more because of "insufficient space". I'm no techie, but I was able to find this info on my phone :
    Internal Storage : Total space 2.21 GB/ APPS 1.76 GB/ Available - 466 MP

Phone Storage: Total space 9.93 GB/ Available 7.40 GB

so, here is my question..........it's apparent that all my apps are stored on the "internal storage" - is that considered the SIM card? I think I saw a way to move all of these to the Phone Storage space......is that advisable? Is there a way to set the Phone Storage as the default storage space for any new apps?

Thank you so so much ! I just don't have an extra $500 laying around, and don't want to add any more to my monthly bill. Besides the battery working like crap, this is the only other issue I have with this phone, LOVE my phone.
    Welcome to the forums. It looks like HTC partitioned the memory in a strange way. The internal is not the SIM. It is a partition for your apps only. The OS wants a minimum amount free (as I recall about 500 MB) before it can install anything else. Are there any apps you can uninstall that you don't use?
    10-28-2014 09:31 AM
    probably a few.............I can try that first and see if I'm able to update or load any new ones that I want. Wish I could add more memory, but from what I've read, you can't on this phone. Can't replace the battery either.. thank you for your prompt reply
    10-28-2014 09:40 AM
    probably a few.............I can try that first and see if I'm able to update or load any new ones that I want. Wish I could add more memory, but from what I've read, you can't on this phone. Can't replace the battery either.. thank you for your prompt reply
    Any luck?

Sent from an AOSP M8
    10-28-2014 06:13 PM
    yes, thanks. I did move some apps and was able to get rid of enough to make room for an update and a new app I wanted. I also ordered a new phone today.....it's time.......Am getting a Nexus 5 with 32 gb......read good reviews so we shall see. Thanks again for your help
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    10-28-2014 06:17 PM
    yes, thanks. I did move some apps and was able to get rid of enough to make room for an update and a new app I wanted. I also ordered a new phone today.....it's time.......Am getting a Nexus 5 with 32 gb......read good reviews so we shall see. Thanks again for your help
    The 5 is a good phone. I think you will like it.

Sent from an AOSP M8
    10-28-2014 06:31 PM
    I have a similar problem, HTC One S showing "App storage" 233 MB available out of 6.07 GB, "Phone storage" 8.61 GB available out of 9.93 GB, with a backlog of apps that won't update. I have already uninstalled/disabled/moved all the apps I can, and I don't think the number of apps I have added is huge.
    It seems ridiculous to be hamstrung by such a partition of memory on a phone that is otherwise good for my needs. Is there any way to re-partition it or to install apps directly into "Phone storage"?
    11-19-2015 03:15 PM