From 16H ago, my HTC one s started to insanely drain out my battery like you are playing Clash of clans on 3G even while it's on standby and my phone gets too hot for no reason. due to massive use of battery, the charger can barley charge my phone (just 30% in 8 Hours !). I uninstalled the apps that I recently installed in case they cause the problem, and, I have also restarted it few times but, it didn't help.
    JJLFL likes this.
    11-04-2015 08:51 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
    2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
    3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
    4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-central.html

Possible issues include a corrupt SD card, a failing battery, a rogue app, and poor cell signal.
    11-04-2015 12:34 PM
    Hi, I've got the exact same thing since week or two on my HTC One S. I'm suspecting a rogue app but no clue which one and don't know how to find out; a CPU monitor seems to indicate the CPU is at 100% all the time. Uninstalling some apps didn't work, updating apps (after removing some first because of memory) didn't work either. I'm guessing it's some Google/Android process

It seems to drain faster when on cell instead of WiFi, and gets quite hot indeed, but maybe that's because of constant mucho network traffic.
    Google Play seems to act weird; it doesn't show my apps any more, but does show all and other page; it downloads updates to ~70% but when I then close and restart Google Play it does update the fully downloaded app, weird. Also, when I go so the Sync settings, Google syncing seems to act weird, always busy syncing something and trouble syncing calendar, Keep and I believe contacts, could be a clue, there's a message at the bottom "syncing is not working at the moment, it will be back shortly!" (what can I do about it?).
    Internet is fine and fast on cell and WiFi so don't think it's a signal problem. I'm considering a factory reset, or perhaps a remove/add account first, but want to do a proper backup first (connecting to Windows and Linux doesn't show any folders on the phone ). Frankly I don't want to start from scratch...afraid to lose stuff....it was all working fine...

It's almost as if they've flipped some switch to force us to a new phone... The problem with the HTC phones is that they're too good in my opinion I keep extending them because they're still fine (small, fast enough, battery life is fine, good screen). The only thing I would like is a HTC One S2 with 4G and more memory and some updated Android/camera perhaps...that's it but HTC doesn't seem to understand. Options for me are now: HTC A9 (not out yet, bigger and weird spec difference with the US), LG Nexus 5X (not out yet, not sure if stock Google will be a big difference, bigger and why no SD card? or FM radio anymore?), HTC M8s maybe (no Marshmellow?), guy in shop recommended Sony Z5 Compact perhaps. Reviews seem to chop down almost all phones these days, I don't know what to buy anymore.
    11-07-2015 02:23 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Both of you should also try a cache partition wipe: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14110
    JJLFL likes this.
    11-07-2015 11:56 AM
    Thanks for the funky cache reset procedure but it didn't help.
    I'm suspecting Google Play Services, currently trying to disable it, remove updates and try to reinstall from web. When removed it seemed to improve but you need the latest version for the other Google apps to work. Will keep trying and see if update (to same version...?) will help after a reboot.
    Update:
    Not entirely convinced yet but it might have done the trick Battery still at 100%, Google Play not acting weird anymore and able to download and install Facebook in one go (I uninstalled some apps when I started). Fingers crossed...

See here (I'm not allowed to post links apparently...) :
    double u double u double u dot orduh dot com slash google-play-services-battery-drain-fix slash hash update-google-play-services
    Interesting to know what caused this, and why it's not solved automatically with a newer fix/update...
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-08-2015 06:55 AM
    Here's that link: https://www.orduh.com/google-play-se...-play-services
    JJLFL likes this.
    11-08-2015 01:32 PM
    A few hours forward in time and my HTC One S is still nice and cool and at a green 73% battery level, so the Google Play Services update seems to have done the trick #happy
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-08-2015 05:21 PM