Any reason not to get a One X right now?

inertianinja

May 10, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 4 just died. I was holding off to see what the iPhone 5 turned out to be...if it wasn't *amazing* then I was definite on the One X.

But the iPhone died today, and I can't wait potentially another month for a phone.

is there any rumored update or other device or anything that would give me a reason to hold off on getting the 1X right now?

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone 4 just died. I was holding off to see what the iPhone 5 turned out to be...if it wasn't *amazing* then I was definite on the One X.

But the iPhone died today, and I can't wait potentially another month for a phone.

is there any rumored update or other device or anything that would give me a reason to hold off on getting the 1X right now?

Call AT&T. They'll send you a flip phone for free til you want to upgrade to an iPhone 5 if you want to stick to apple.

Otherwise I don't see a reason why you shouldn't get a HOX.

Sent from my HTC One X

schlemer

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
No, It's a great phone. I've been on the fence myself. Not about the phone, but its 16gig (really under 10) storage. Becuase I've been taking the time to ask and research I have come to realize that this is a marvolous phone. Personally, I'm about 85-90% close to keeping it at the end of my 30 days (I'm fickle that way). For me, I love the size of the screen, layout of the UI. Social intergration and camera functions way better than my Blackberry bold. I've starting to utilize Google play,Drive and Dropbox wich are a godsend. Call quality and reception are really good. Movies from Hulu + and Netflix are amazing.

If you are on the fence between this and Samsung. Only you can decide. If you're a die hard Apple junkie, Wait.

inertianinja

May 10, 2012
Visit site
No, It's a great phone. I've been on the fence myself. Not about the phone, but its 16gig (really under 10) storage. Becuase I've been taking the time to ask and research I have come to realize that this is a marvolous phone. Personally, I'm about 85-90% close to keeping it at the end of my 30 days (I'm fickle that way). For me, I love the size of the screen, layout of the UI. Social intergration and camera functions way better than my Blackberry bold. I've starting to utilize Google play,Drive and Dropbox wich are a godsend. Call quality and reception are really good. Movies from Hulu + and Netflix are amazing.

If you are on the fence between this and Samsung. Only you can decide. If you're a die hard Apple junkie, Wait.

yea, you're right.

side note, i know you're not calling me an apple junkie, but it's amazing how quickly people brand you one in internet discussions. I'm platform agnostic :) i'm a tech fan. I have only had iphones since they first came out, and every year i hope and pray that something will come out that beats the iphone.

I played with the 1X and i'm very impressed. Android has come a LONG way.
the SGS3, not so much. ugly design, weird screen fonts, pentile screen.

biggest problem for me is the OS updates. when apple comes out with a new OS, you're guaranteed to get most of the features on day 1 provided your phone isn't several years old. this mess with the Google vs. skin updates is really irritating.

sdchris

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I debated about upgrading to a HOX or sticking it out for iPhone 5 launch. Needless to say, I upgraded and couldn't have been more happy.

My biggest worry was the lack of storage space. I must say, this hasn't been an issue for me so far. The screen will blow you away. Take the phone in the sun and you will know that we fans don't kid. It's that good.

Mexico619

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm debating if I should go ahead and get an htc one x or stay on my sgs2 for another year when my contract ends. What do you guys think?

robthesixthree

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Ahh there will always be something new in the pipelines, companies like HTC and Samsung don't make money by not pumping something claimed to be better to consumers. This phone will suit you just fine untill 2014-15. It will receive love from HTC in the manner of updates and keep you current untill the next "big thing" has us beating down the doors to throw our hard earned cash at at&t.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Mexico619

cbc0201

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Just came back from the GS3 and could not be happier.... until 4.1 is released. Then the HOX will really be a solid phone.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
One strong reason is the multi tasking. It is one of the major issues of the htc smart phones.

But there's people like myself that lived without it for so long and just don't care lol. After the 2.2 update its gotten better of keeping my browser and games as I left it.

seakurt

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I was in the same position. iPhone 3 was my first smart phone and I'd upgraded to each new iPhone the day they were released.

HTC One X was my first Android and there is simply no going back now. This phone in particular seemed to ease my transition with Sense which adds just that bit of polish to the UI that those of us used to having our experience "heavily managed" by Apple find somewhat comforting. When you add in the brilliance of the device size and functionality itself, well, there's just no comparison.

Until recently selling my iPhone 4, I would occasionally access the phone for something and was immediately struck by how shockingly tiny the phone seemed after quickly getting used to the added real estate of the HTC One X screen. It felt like my finger overwhelmed the screen -- really weird sensation.

The somewhat skimpy storage space hasn't been an issue for me. I utilize Google Play and the likes and just realized yesterday that it quietly caches the music I listen to when connected so it's available when I'm in a bad connection area even though I haven't explicitly synced that music to my phone. My storage still shows over 50% of space still available.

I was concerned about my data usage (even though I'm still gripping tightly onto my AT&T unlimited data plan) and I was really surprised to see my data usage has only increased by about 20% -- I'm still significantly under what AT&T allows on their least expensive plan. I do have Wi-Fi at home and at work, but commute by bus 5 days a week and regularly use my phone for reading, surfing, etc... although I don't tend to stream video when not connected.

I did find the app switching issue really annoying. The second you minimized an app it had to reload when you brought it up again, even if you went right back to that one. But the latest release has made that better and app updates themselves seem to be finding ways to mask the problem too.

So, as one previously devoted iFan, I have zero regrets and find myself enjoying my phone again in a way I did in the early iPhone days. I love the flexibility I have in the Android OS -- and although I'll never root my device, the flexibility is still amazing in comparison.

Reactions: Pdj79

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I was in the same position. iPhone 3 was my first smart phone and I'd upgraded to each new iPhone the day they were released.

HTC One X was my first Android and there is simply no going back now. This phone in particular seemed to ease my transition with Sense which adds just that bit of polish to the UI that those of us used to having our experience "heavily managed" by Apple find somewhat comforting. When you add in the brilliance of the device size and functionality itself, well, there's just no comparison.

Until recently selling my iPhone 4, I would occasionally access the phone for something and was immediately struck by how shockingly tiny the phone seemed after quickly getting used to the added real estate of the HTC One X screen. It felt like my finger overwhelmed the screen -- really weird sensation.

The somewhat skimpy storage space hasn't been an issue for me. I utilize Google Play and the likes and just realized yesterday that it quietly caches the music I listen to when connected so it's available when I'm in a bad connection area even though I haven't explicitly synced that music to my phone. My storage still shows over 50% of space still available.

I was concerned about my data usage (even though I'm still gripping tightly onto my AT&T unlimited data plan) and I was really surprised to see my data usage has only increased by about 20% -- I'm still significantly under what AT&T allows on their least expensive plan. I do have Wi-Fi at home and at work, but commute by bus 5 days a week and regularly use my phone for reading, surfing, etc... although I don't tend to stream video when not connected.

I did find the app switching issue really annoying. The second you minimized an app it had to reload when you brought it up again, even if you went right back to that one. But the latest release has made that better and app updates themselves seem to be finding ways to mask the problem too.

So, as one previously devoted iFan, I have zero regrets and find myself enjoying my phone again in a way I did in the early iPhone days. I love the flexibility I have in the Android OS -- and although I'll never root my device, the flexibility is still amazing in comparison.

Well said.

inertianinja

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Well brothers, I went and got the HOX.

i really do love this phone...

...even more now that the app-switch button can be used as a menu button, so the soft menu button is gone (thank god)

...despite the 16GB (9gb lol) storage limit. I will have to take some time to think about how to best use this...between podcasts and music, it's a challenge, since data is now limited.

Last edited:

Mexico619

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Well brothers, I went and got the HOX.

i really do love this phone...

...even more now that the app-switch button can be used as a menu button, so the soft menu button is gone (thank god)

...despite the 16GB (9gb lol) storage limit. I will have to take some time to think about how to best use this...between podcasts and music, it's a challenge, since data is now limited.

^^This I'm not sure how I can only use only 9 GB of memory so if I do get one I'll be looking for a 32 GB international version to use on at&t.

inertianinja

May 10, 2012
Visit site
^^This I'm not sure how I can only use only 9 GB of memory so if I do get one I'll be looking for a 32 GB international version to use on at&t.

I am almost happy that the ATT version is limited to the 16GB. I hate this company. They have never made a decision that benefits me. I was planning on switching to Sprint when the iPhone 5 came out, but then my fiance (family plan) came home one day and said "i upgraded to a 4S!" so much for that plan.

For now, I see the 16GB as a challenge. between Google Play Music, Pocket Casts, Rdio, Dropbox, etc...i'll figure out some way to make this work. or, if i don't i can just return it.

sdchris

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I am almost happy that the ATT version is limited to the 16GB. I hate this company. They have never made a decision that benefits me. I was planning on switching to Sprint when the iPhone 5 came out, but then my fiance (family plan) came home one day and said "i upgraded to a 4S!" so much for that plan.

For now, I see the 16GB as a challenge. between Google Play Music, Pocket Casts, Rdio, Dropbox, etc...i'll figure out some way to make this work. or, if i don't i can just return it.

You don't have to enter the lifelong contract of marriage if you choose not to. :D

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Ask some Amaze and Vivid owners. There are a bunch of us Amaze owners very, very pissed off at HTC. Quality issues, ignoring wifi and BT problems (including replacing ICS' wifi driver with a buggy one) , glacial slowness in resolving faults. With the One series out, they've all but abandoned owners of an 8 month old "flagship" phone costing as much as the One does now.

I'd make due with a loaner or cheap one until Apple makes their announcements in Sept. The One is already 4 months old, and being superceded by the SGS3 and Apple's next.

// Sent using the Android Central app //

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
only reason is the galaxy S III.

better looking, better hardware, you'll actually be able to CHANGE THE BATTERY when it dies (something every great phone has been able to do), voice controlled camera, slide your hand across the screen for a screen shot, 2 GB of RAM, working multi-tasking, just an all-around better phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37