HTC ONE X+

phobic#IM

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I left my Verizon Galazy Nexus for AT&T to get a Nexus 4. I ended up getting a Lumia 920 to use along side my N4 but since it's now backordered and I'm really not liking WP8, I'm thinking about the One X+ or a Galaxy Note 2.

Dev support is moderately important to me as I am a tinkerer at heart plus the ability to run custom ROMs from time to time is nice. Is the One X+ going to be locked down?

phonegeek

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I left my Verizon Galazy Nexus for AT&T to get a Nexus 4. I ended up getting a Lumia 920 to use along side my N4 but since it's now backordered and I'm really not liking WP8, I'm thinking about the One X+ or a Galaxy Note 2.

Dev support is moderately important to me as I am a tinkerer at heart plus the ability to run custom ROMs from time to time is nice. Is the One X+ going to be locked down?

Yes it will be locked down but I read over on XDA that someone had unlocked the bootloader via the same process as the original at&t one x. I don't believe they have been able to root yet however.

MG

EDIT: Looks like Hasoon2000 over at XDA has his toolkit working on the at&t version. This will help walk you through the bootloader unlock and users are reporting that you're able to get it fully rooted now. [TOOL] HTC One X+ All-In-One Toolkit V1.1 [11-19-12] [PERM ROOT][Noob-Proof] - xda-developers

Last edited:

ldgregory

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I got my HOX+ on Friday. Stopped drinking the Apple koolaid. Loving it so far except battery life. Guess I got spoiled by my Nexus 7. Definitely going to have to charge throughout the day.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
You scare me. I'm getting excellent battery life so far. Fell asleep with the radio on. 4 hours later hardly a dent. I played a game hardly a dent. I played music on the way home with GPS took about an hour yesterday. Hardly a dent. Is it ok for the first few days then tanks:/

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I got my HOX+ on Friday. Stopped drinking the Apple koolaid. Loving it so far except battery life. Guess I got spoiled by my Nexus 7. Definitely going to have to charge throughout the day.

I sold my iPhone 5 on Friday and bought the One X+ . Finally a really map and YouTube FULL SCREEN.

ldgregory

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
You scare me. I'm getting excellent battery life so far. Fell asleep with the radio on. 4 hours later hardly a dent. I played a game hardly a dent. I played music on the way home with GPS took about an hour yesterday. Hardly a dent. Is it ok for the first few days then tanks:/

It seems to be an app issue. I've been using Carat to get a better handle on what apps are sucking the battery. It identified a few that I've disabled over the last few days. Things are looking much better today. I'll let you know by days end. Amazon app store seemed to big a big battery hog, and they just released an update to correct it.

Chappie

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone give an accurate idea of battery life on the one x+, specifically compared to a 4s running ios6? I upgraded to iOS 6 when it first came out and have regretted it ever since. The phone lags sending texts, drains significantly quicker and is more and more unpleasant by the day. I loved the one x at the time of release but hated how it got cheaped out on processor, battery and storage. The UI is the best non-vanilla UI or android IMO, the keyboard is fantastic and the camera/screen blow me away, but battery life is a huge seller for me and that's why I went with the 4s when it came out.

Looking to go back to android again now that I've had all these issues and can't decide if I want the one x+, the note 2 or wait for the s4. In reality, the note 2 would be perfect but the size is a bit much for me. The battery life though is amazing and that's where I care the most. Does the battery boost for the one x+ make it respectable with moderate use throughout the day (mostly web browsing, sometimes some tune in or pandora but not for more than 30-60 mins)? I'd really love to go with the one x+ and flash vanilla jb or something similar, but there's no point if I can't feel comfortable getting through the day on one charge.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone give an accurate idea of battery life on the one x+, specifically compared to a 4s running ios6? I upgraded to iOS 6 when it first came out and have regretted it ever since. The phone lags sending texts, drains significantly quicker and is more and more unpleasant by the day. I loved the one x at the time of release but hated how it got cheaped out on processor, battery and storage. The UI is the best non-vanilla UI or android IMO, the keyboard is fantastic and the camera/screen blow me away, but battery life is a huge seller for me and that's why I went with the 4s when it came out.

Looking to go back to android again now that I've had all these issues and can't decide if I want the one x+, the note 2 or wait for the s4. In reality, the note 2 would be perfect but the size is a bit much for me. The battery life though is amazing and that's where I care the most. Does the battery boost for the one x+ make it respectable with moderate use throughout the day (mostly web browsing, sometimes some tune in or pandora but not for more than 30-60 mins)? I'd really love to go with the one x+ and flash vanilla jb or something similar, but there's no point if I can't feel comfortable getting through the day on one charge.

I can't really comment on battery life since I've had it for a day only, but right now to me it's draining pretty qucik,which is what I want cause I'm trying to get a few complete cycles out the battery. But just know when you play some HEAVY graphic intense games your battery will start being eaten away. I played horn for 30 min and my battery went down from 90 (or 80%) to 40%. :eek: Which I personally don't mind cause I'm doing it purposely. But the 64Gb,tegra 3 processor,and jellybean are awesome and smooth.. :cool:

From my ONE X+ :-D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance