Hi. This is my first time posting. Forgive me if this has been discussed already, but I can not get my Yahoo contacts to sync to my phone's address book. Is anyone else having this issue? I called both AT&T and HTC and they both state that it is a Yahoo issue. I can't find anything online of anyone else having this issue. I only get generic replies back from Yahoo on how to sync my phone. I am not an *****. I know how to sync. So far I have manually disabled and re-enabled syncing my Yahoo account to my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the Yahoo mail app, restarted my phone, and cleared the cache. When I go to sync, I get a red circle next to Yahoo on my list and it states down below that sync is currently experiencing problems and it will be back shortly. It's been a week now. There is a sync error only for the Yahoo contacts. All other accounts sync just fine. It shows in my phone's address book that I have 0 Yahoo contacts, yet when I get on the computer, all of my contacts are there. Please help. Without my phone being able to sync with Yahoo, I can not call, text, or e-mail any of those Yahoo contacts. I am at a loss. It is so frustrating. Is it me, my phone, or the new Yahoo mail app update???
    10-18-2013 02:47 PM
    Hi. This is my first time posting. Forgive me if this has been discussed already, but I can not get my Yahoo contacts to sync to my phone's address book. Is anyone else having this issue? I called both AT&T and HTC and they both state that it is a Yahoo issue. I can't find anything online of anyone else having this issue. I only get generic replies back from Yahoo on how to sync my phone. I am not an *****. I know how to sync. So far I have manually disabled and re-enabled syncing my Yahoo account to my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the Yahoo mail app, restarted my phone, and cleared the cache. When I go to sync, I get a red circle next to Yahoo on my list and it states down below that sync is currently experiencing problems and it will be back shortly. It's been a week now. There is a sync error only for the Yahoo contacts. All other accounts sync just fine. It shows in my phone's address book that I have 0 Yahoo contacts, yet when I get on the computer, all of my contacts are there. Please help. Without my phone being able to sync with Yahoo, I can not call, text, or e-mail any of those Yahoo contacts. I am at a loss. It is so frustrating. Is it me, my phone, or the new Yahoo mail app update???
    Well I dont have an answer to your problem.
    But I do know that you could always transfer all your contacts from yahoo to google.
    I believe google has a tool to do this easily from a computer.

I know google works perfectly.
    But Im sorry to hear your having this issue
    Rodeo52 likes this.
    10-18-2013 04:28 PM
    Darn. Thanks for your reply. I was thinking that that may be the route that I needed to go. I appreciate your help..
    10-18-2013 04:35 PM
    I am having the same issue, but I am on sprint. I have had the same issue since updating to 4.3. I have done the same "fixes" and still no luck. I am hoping there is an update soon that fixes the issue.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-21-2013 07:04 PM
    I do not use the Yahoo app on my iphone.
    Just go to settings, mail contacts calendars, yahoo and make sure you have all the appropriate sliders turned on (e.g., mail, contacts, calendars, etc).
    If you don't have a yahoo account on this settings screen, just add it.
    I've been doing this for years.

Tom
    11-13-2013 01:20 PM
    New to android and had same issue. Sorted via advice here of exporting Yahoo contacts to Gmail (Yahoo mail>contacts>export). For some reason exporting as csv as recommended on Gmail only exported/imported first contact but exporting as vcf worked. Thanks for posting problem/solution advice. R

Posted via Android Central App
    01-28-2014 12:43 PM
    Just install Yahoo mail from store & add yahoo account again, it solve the problem.
    10-08-2014 08:27 AM
    Help, who the heck can you even get through to for this solution? Suddenly all my contacts are gone. I tried to sync again. I uninstalled & reinstalled yahoo mail. I have called Verizon and they say its a yahoo issue? Why is it that they can't fix this since its their fault?? Good luck getting a human to talk to. It was fine last week and now...no contacts. I am mad as hell over this issue.
    10-27-2014 01:02 PM
    I did that already and it still didn't work
    10-27-2014 01:04 PM
    I have the same problem which started a couple weeks ago with my LG volt.
    I have learned from trial and error that syncing contacts with the Yahoo mail app gets the error.
    If I install the Yahoo Messenger app then the contacts sync but the groups in my Yahoo address book do not.
    12-16-2014 03:47 PM
    Hi!
    Bad news, Yahoo mail version 5.x might be very efficient, smart and good looking but it sucks on contacts.
    I tried every faq, forum, question, and no working response neither from Yahoo nor from users. There's no way to sync Yahoo contacts with the mobile address book neither in Android 4.4 nor 5.0 nor the newly received 6.0 for my LG G4.
    I even tried the top of generic mail clilents, TType, and the same problems arised.
    I uninstalled the two apps, actual Yahoo mail and Ttype and...
    A few minutes ago I searched for a version 4.x, found the 4.9.2 (I don't post the link as I don't fully know this forum policy, but it's easy to find and directy downloadable. I installed it (checking unkown sources), and the first thing I saw after entering address and password was a pop up asking for contacts syncing enabled by default.
    I set up all my Yahoo mail accounts, went to Contacts default app, choose view contacts and all the Yahoo accounts appeared in the list.
    Lastly I went to the Play Store, looked for the Yahoo mail just installed and unchecked automatic updates.
    This works and will continue doing so until Yahoo solves the contacts sync issue (which I doubt regarding the worldwide situation of the group) or until they force you to an update.
    Regards!
    02-12-2016 05:20 PM
    Hi!
    Bad news, Yahoo mail version 5.x might be very efficient, smart and good looking but it sucks on contacts.
    I tried every faq, forum, question, and no working response neither from Yahoo nor from users. There's no way to sync Yahoo contacts with the mobile address book neither in Android 4.4 nor 5.0 nor the newly received 6.0 for my LG G4.
    I even tried the top of generic mail clilents, TType, and the same problems arised.
    I uninstalled the two apps, actual Yahoo mail and Ttype and...
    A few minutes ago I searched for a version 4.x, found the 4.9.2 (I don't post the link as I don't fully know this forum policy, but it's easy to find and directy downloadable. I installed it (checking unkown sources), and the first thing I saw after entering address and password was a pop up asking for contacts syncing enabled by default.
    I set up all my Yahoo mail accounts, went to Contacts default app, choose view contacts and all the Yahoo accounts appeared in the list.
    Lastly I went to the Play Store, looked for the Yahoo mail just installed and unchecked automatic updates.
    This works and will continue doing so until Yahoo solves the contacts sync issue (which I doubt regarding the worldwide situation of the group) or until they force you to an update.
    Regards!
    Thank you, thank you!! Your advice was spot-on and so incredibly helpful!! I was able to restore/sync all my lost contacts! So appreciative for your post!
    10-01-2016 01:23 PM
    The first time I installed the Yahoo Mail app and enabled syncing, I got the "sync is currently experiencing problems" error. The next day I uninstalled Yahoo Mail, reinstalled and re-enabled syncing, and it worked! Not sure why. (I have an LG G5, but this thread inspired me to try reinstalling.)
    12-24-2016 09:23 AM
    The Yahoo APP installs without permissions to contacts.
    you have to go to manage Apps and give it access to contacts.
    jnicho15 likes this.
    10-06-2017 10:46 AM