How do I get rid of the error message unfortunately the process com. google.process.gapps has stopped (HTC1)?

A

AC Question

error msg "unfortunately the process com. google.process.gapps has stopped" won't go away on HTC1

Message will not go away after clicking "ok". Frustrating! What can I do, please? Thank you so much!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: error msg "unfortunately the process com. google.process.gapps has stopped" won't go away on HTC

Welcome to Android Central! Which HTC One? M7 or M8? Did this start after any recent system update? Is it rooted?

hpedwards

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with a Nexus7 tablet. I upgraded to Android 5.1 and now I can't get the message to stop appearing - it has disabled my tablet completely.

hpedwards

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for directing me to such clear instructions for wiping the cache partition - unfortunately it didn't work!

A factory reset sounds fairly drastic - searching the web produced a suggestion to disable the Downloads Manager, but I couldn't find this under Apps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean you succesfully wiped the cache partition, but the problem remains? Or were you unable to wipe the cache partition in the first place?

Download Manager should be seen in Settings>Apps>All. It's not there? Is it already disabled? Look for it in Settings>Apps>Disabled. Download Manager is a system app, so if it's gone, that might be a hint--it suggests that there is something seriously wrong with your system apps (hence the gapps error).

You could consider flashing the factory image:
How to manually update your Nexus | Android Central
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

hpedwards

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
OK I turned it on again and it's gone away! Perhaps it needed to be started again after the initial restart.

Thank you so much for fixing this for me!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon