Old Cricket HTC One Sv to New Cricket

Danniegurl4388

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I have a question and I'm hoping it can be answered because I can barely find answers.

As most might know cricket joined with AT&T AIO wireless to make "new cricket". In March 2015 they will be going from CDMA to GSM and it's required to continue with service to get a new phone. I am very upset about this because last March of 2014 I as well as my boyfriend both purchased these new phones, had we known about this issue we'd have waited. The compensation cricket is offering is not too spectacular and we both really enjoy our phones.

Here's my question our HTCs both have network SIM cards, and I thought that being on CDMA meant that there were no SIM cards present. I also checked my IMEI numbers to crickets website to see if the phone would be compatible with the new network SIM Card and it said it was. Up one further research though I had read that it is not a GSM compatible phone.

So is it? I would really like to keep this existing phone for the new network but I'm note entirely sure it's possible and getting answers from Cricket is impossible. So if someone could help me that would be great.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a question and I'm hoping it can be answered because I can barely find answers.

As most might know cricket joined with AT&T AIO wireless to make "new cricket". In March 2015 they will be going from CDMA to GSM and it's required to continue with service to get a new phone. I am very upset about this because last March of 2014 I as well as my boyfriend both purchased these new phones, had we known about this issue we'd have waited. The compensation cricket is offering is not too spectacular and we both really enjoy our phones.

Here's my question our HTCs both have network SIM cards, and I thought that being on CDMA meant that there were no SIM cards present. I also checked my IMEI numbers to crickets website to see if the phone would be compatible with the new network SIM Card and it said it was. Up one further research though I had read that it is not a GSM compatible phone.

So is it? I would really like to keep this existing phone for the new network but I'm note entirely sure it's possible and getting answers from Cricket is impossible. So if someone could help me that would be great.

Your HTC One SV has a SIM slot because it supports LTE. Most LTE phones also include 2G and 3G GSM radios active but I can't find any confirmation for the old Cricket One SV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo