How can I merge two partitions on my HTC?

Kieran Sprouse

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have a HTC One SV - I do like this phone but it is a pain in terms of storage. Basically for those who don't know, it has 8GB internal memory but that is split into two partitions - one called 'App Storage' which is where apps are installed to, and one called 'Phone Storage'.

Now, for this to work surely you would have thought that you could move anything from one partition to the other, it is not so.

After the Android 4.2.2 (and HTC Sense 5) update, I run out of memory so quick. Only a few MBs are in the app storage before I download any apps. So I run out and have the low memory notification.

Strangely, I still have 3.3GBs left free in 'Phone Storage' though I cannot move any apps there.

I have moved all media to my 32GB SD card so that isn't the issue. Tried cleaning cache etc but nothing.

Is there a way (phone isn't rooted but if I have to root I don't mind) to merge the two partitions or at least give the phone more flexibility moving stuff from one partition to the other?

Any advise??

Thanks

Kieran

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC Phone Partition question

Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, I don't think you can merge partitions even if you're rooted. This is an older way of partitioning memory, which allowed the phone to be mounted on a computer as an external hard drive--but the drawback was that it limited the app storage partition size. See this guide for more info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante