One V coming to MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, and US Cellular

Silence99

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Until I hear officially from HTC or Virgin, I'd still call this rumor. That said, my Optimus V is showing its age, and I am ready for Virgin to get a decent phone that runs an updated, current OS. The V looks very nice, I'm keeping my fingers crossed, thanks for this post!

sadpanda

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I heard that this will support HSPA+ (or whatever the acronym is...) -- 4g, so how will this effect the implementation of it on say Virgin Mobile?

Jk16w

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Either disabled because it wont work on VM 3G network unless they start rolling out to 4G, or else they would remove the chip and put in a cheaper but with similar featured chip into the VM version

anon406695

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I heard that this will support HSPA+ (or whatever the acronym is...) -- 4g, so how will this effect the implementation of it on say Virgin Mobile?

Either disabled because it wont work on VM 3G network unless they start rolling out to 4G, or else they would remove the chip and put in a cheaper but with similar featured chip into the VM version

They will release a CDMA version. They just wont include a 4g chip. HSPA is for T-mobile and (im assuming) AT&T.

I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

via CM7-ized Optimus V

anon406695

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
It's not so much that, but if the thing crashes, which it might, it'll be hard to turn it off and on, whereas you can just pop the battery out in my Optimus.

It has a reset button. Hols power for 10 sec. To get to bootloader hold power and volume down.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

_Severability_

May 2, 2012
Visit site
That's probably going to be the next one because I don't like it. Htc has some good phones but with skype this is a no go unless it's getting a forward facing cam and the other weird things going on with this phone make this a someone need to explain to me why I would want that phone phone.. I've been waiting and waiting on a confirmed new offering and if this is it what a bummer.. Triumph here I come!!

Last edited:

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
That's probably going to be the next one because I don't like it. Htc has some good phones but with skype this is a no go unless it's getting a forward facing cam and the other weird things going on with this phone make this a someone need to explain to me why I would want that phone phone.. I've been waiting and waiting on a confirmed new offering and if this is it what a bummer.. Triumph here I come!!

Don't forget that VM is supposedly getting the Evo 3d

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox