I've got the Virgin Mobile HTC One V. Any questions?

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a problem with this app since there is no menu button :/ I can't even make a new thread. Why is there a face unlock app if there is no front f.c ?

Sent from my HTC One V

Long press the recent apps button (yhe 2 little squares) for menu if there is no on screen menu button in the app

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Rooted mine. The only thing I can't get working is hotspot/tether. Anyone get that working?

Working for me just fine. Using wifi tether 3.2 (cuz that's what apk I had)
Works great just remember to change the profile in settings to generic ICS/jb 0

Hope that helps

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

anon(796184)

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I have had his phone for over 2 months now in UK.

Within the last week I have noticed a distinct lag when trying to phone someone.
I press the phone icon, and in some instances it took over 1 minute to bring up the recent calls.

Same when I reply to a message or use the people icon to find my contacts.

I am not rooted, default stock. Had a ota upgrade last week.

Apart from the above I still love the phone.

I have removed a fee of my apps, to try and speed up. Next step I think it to reset to factory default and start again.

Before I do this any advise on how to clear lag?

bunanson

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
is this 4.0.1 or 4.0.4? 4.0.4 came with hotspot by default, you still need to tether?
I am only interested in hotspot, so evo is the only one say so on the VM site.

How about grandfather policy, does it work if I get this HTC ONE V for my 25$ plan?

TIA

bun

xxlemonxx

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
is this 4.0.1 or 4.0.4? 4.0.4 came with hotspot by default, you still need to tether?
I am only interested in hotspot, so evo is the only one say so on the VM site.

How about grandfather policy, does it work if I get this HTC ONE V for my 25$ plan?

TIA

bun

If you use a different launcher I belive its there and you have to get the 35$ plan.
Edit: 4.03
Sent from my HTC One V

xxlemonxx

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Can someone really help me like unlock the bootloader and stuff.. Like im scared to do it. Ive flashed 50 plus times and stuff on the v and got jelly bean and the whole thing.. But with this phone its completely different for me. Thanks :-\

Jays1fan

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
any chance you used the wifi BEFORE activating the phone ? Just wondering if I could use this as an android player to serf the net , get emails and play some apps without having to buy a phone card.
(Best buy ad says it must be activated before used ) , so thought I would ask.

also , is there anyone here using a PREPAID phone on wifi without activating ?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
any chance you used the wifi BEFORE activating the phone ? Just wondering if I could use this as an android player to serf the net , get emails and play some apps without having to buy a phone card.
(Best buy ad says it must be activated before used ) , so thought I would ask.

also , is there anyone here using a PREPAID phone on wifi without activating ?

I have no experience with this specific device, BUT, as a general rule, you should be fine. The Best Buy ad may be offering a rebate of some sort, if you activate in store, but other than that, they can't force you to activate anything, and you should be able to use it as a Wi-Fi device just fine.

I question why you'd buy this phone just for that though. I'd recommend possibly finding a device cheaper from eBay, just to give yourself more of a bang for your buck.

Jays1fan

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I have no experience with this specific device, BUT, as a general rule, you should be fine. The Best Buy ad may be offering a rebate of some sort, if you activate in store, but other than that, they can't force you to activate anything, and you should be able to use it as a Wi-Fi device just fine.

I question why you'd buy this phone just for that though. I'd recommend possibly finding a device cheaper from eBay, just to give yourself more of a bang for your buck.

I have a best buy gift card. Dont want a tablet. And the only other thing out there is the samsung galaxy player , which I would prefer the phone over. We are thinking about getting rid of the House phone and getting a prepaid for emergency.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a best buy gift card. Dont want a tablet. And the only other thing out there is the samsung galaxy player , which I would prefer the phone over. We are thinking about getting rid of the House phone and getting a prepaid for emergency.

That emergency set-up with VM will cost 35 month.

You would he better our with a burner phone and the galaxy player but it's your

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

lilrob1213

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey I just wanna say I got the HTC one v for virgin mobile about two weeks ago maybe and I still haven't activated it yet. I've been using it as a WiFi device and camera but man it works great! And I can't wait to activate it! Soon hopefully :)