Audio Player questions

ronnie james

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
A few questions about the audio that will determine if I buy this phone.
I'm coming from a Optimus V with cm7, so I have no ics or sense experience.

Does the audio player handle podcasts well? Bookmark the track when you pause or stop, and go back to the same place even if you change tracks or reboot?
Are playlists accessible through one or two clicks or shortcuts on homescreen?
Is Beats Audio a battery drainer?
How loud in the external speaker compared to the Optimus V?

Obviously I listen to a lot of podcasts, one of my main uses for my phone. The Optimus V handles it relatively well on CM7, but any less functional would be frustrating.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
The media player is great but for podcasts there are apps much better suited -they will auto update and have much nicer interface for podcasts.
I listen to a lot of podcasts too and couldn't stand to be without my dedicated app with its great widget.

I use and swear by beyondpod but pocketcast is excellent as well. Both of these apps will work flawlessly on just about any Android device so don't let this issue sway your decision pick your phone based on other things that matter to you.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ronnie james

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Ps - coming from the OV (I did too) this phone is better in every way except having capacitive buttons. But I am loving it overall

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Ps - coming from the OV (I did too) this phone is better in every way except having capacitive buttons. But I am loving it overall

I didn't think I'd like the capacitive buttons but then i played with my dad's elite and kind of liked them.

Now that I have the one v I think they are pretty nice. My only issue is the lack of a camera button but it's really not a big deal at all.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

ronnie james

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
The media player is great but for podcasts there are apps much better suited -they will auto update and have much nicer interface for podcasts.
I listen to a lot of podcasts too and couldn't stand to be without my dedicated app with its great widget.

I use and swear by beyondpod but pocketcast is excellent as well. Both of these apps will work flawlessly on just about any Android device so don't let this issue sway your decision pick your phone based on other things that matter to you.

Thanks for the advice!

I'm pretty set with using iTunes and iSyncr wifi for my podcasts, I like to let my computer do all the heavy lifting. Using these mixed with smart playlist and the stock player has worked great with gingerbread.

ronnie james

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
How is the external speaker? Especially compared to the Optimus V? I hate using headphone or other speakers just to listen to podcasts while a I do the dishes. As much as the Intercept was a pain in the ass, I gotta say the speaker wasn't too bad at all.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
How is the external speaker? Especially compared to the Optimus V? I hate using headphone or other speakers just to listen to podcasts while a I do the dishes. As much as the Intercept was a pain in the ass, I gotta say the speaker wasn't too bad at all.

Speakers nice and loud and clear. Louder than the OV and even the evo3d.

Reactions: ronnie james