Unlock/Root/Rom One V + PACman Jelly Bean!

ALLY LIJIJON

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
"Second I am only giving the walkthrough for the cdma PRIMOC version. You can know what kind you have because your bootloader will say either primoc or primou. Primoc is the Virgin Mobile phone released in the USA."

Can this steps be use for "primou". Sorry, I'm a total newbie on this thing. Just got this phone 2 weeks ago. Frustrated with all the lags... :( Does rooting the device improve the speeds?
Appreciate if you can guide me in solving this rooting thingy... :D
Looking forward to your response! :)

theymademedoit

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Unlock/Root/Rom One V + CM10 Jelly Bean!

Hey,
This looks to be the easiest to follow, however I am in the UK and have a sim (not micro sim) and a total noob to this.
How do I go about rooting with this?
Cheers,

cheidt76

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Is there another link for the PACman ROM and GAPPS? when I go o the link you provided, and then click 'download', the site it brings me to (GOO.IM) says that it can't find the files... :( I've got my One V sitting here rooted and ready to go! Any suggestions?

vogol

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi-

I've gotten to the step where you get to the fastboot screen and the directions tell you to go to the command prompt to get the big block of numbers. I have followed the instructions on the site up to the part where it says type "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" and after that, the cd says "waiting for device" and nothing happens. Do you know what I could have possibly done wrong? Thanks for your help in advance.

thej12

May 31, 2013
Visit site
After running this step
4. Install a custom rom
1. download the rom and gapps. MAKE SURE IT'S A CDMA OR PRIMOC ROM. There are a few over at xda. My daily is currently PACman v19.3. I'll walk you through getting this. There are ZERO problems with this ROM. EVERYTHING WORKS Get the latest PACman from from this thread by inyourface09. For gapps(gapps are apps made by google, such as gmail, talk, google services, etc. Highly recommended) here's the gapps. Select the latest one. Put the rom and gapps on your sdcard. After this, unplug phone from computer.
2.download an appropriate boot.img for it.This is either in the rom and needs to be extracted from it before you flash, or it's a separate one. I used the boot img from simonsimons34 from here. Place the boot.img in that good ole fastboot folder and rename to just 'boot'.
3. Boot into recovery. If coming from stock, you gotta go to hboot first with the method from above.
4. BACKUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT OPTIONAL.
5. Wipe data. Wipe cache. Wipe dalvik(from the advanced menu). Go to mounts and storage. wipe the /system partition. Now install zip from sdcard. choose zip. find the pacman rom. install and confirm.
6. reboot. It should hang in boot logo. Now, hold power button til screen goes black and then hold volume down until it gets into hboot again. Go into fastboot.
7. plug phone in. it should say fastboot usb or something like that.
8. open command prompt and cd to the fastboot folder.
9. Type
Code:
My mobile is completely dead and its not working any more, can you suggest me how to get ride of it

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
After running this step
4. Install a custom rom
1. download the rom and gapps. MAKE SURE IT'S A CDMA OR PRIMOC ROM. There are a few over at xda. My daily is currently PACman v19.3. I'll walk you through getting this. There are ZERO problems with this ROM. EVERYTHING WORKS Get the latest PACman from from this thread by inyourface09. For gapps(gapps are apps made by google, such as gmail, talk, google services, etc. Highly recommended) here's the gapps. Select the latest one. Put the rom and gapps on your sdcard. After this, unplug phone from computer.
2.download an appropriate boot.img for it.This is either in the rom and needs to be extracted from it before you flash, or it's a separate one. I used the boot img from simonsimons34 from here. Place the boot.img in that good ole fastboot folder and rename to just 'boot'.
3. Boot into recovery. If coming from stock, you gotta go to hboot first with the method from above.
4. BACKUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT OPTIONAL.
5. Wipe data. Wipe cache. Wipe dalvik(from the advanced menu). Go to mounts and storage. wipe the /system partition. Now install zip from sdcard. choose zip. find the pacman rom. install and confirm.
6. reboot. It should hang in boot logo. Now, hold power button til screen goes black and then hold volume down until it gets into hboot again. Go into fastboot.
7. plug phone in. it should say fastboot usb or something like that.
8. open command prompt and cd to the fastboot folder.
9. Type
Code:
My mobile is completely dead and its not working any more, can you suggest me how to get ride of it

Are you making sure to hold power down and volume down until it gets into hboot?

webbie2

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I boot into fastboot and when I click on the .bat file it just says waiting for device. my boot loader is in fact unlocked it just wont pic up the phone

webbie2

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok I was able to boot into CWM Recovery. The only issue is it is not letting me do anything. Can I download another version of CWM and install over this in fast boot or install TWRP.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok I was able to boot into CWM Recovery. The only issue is it is not letting me do anything. Can I download another version of CWM and install over this in fast boot or install TWRP.

you can download ROM manager and update CWM that way.
Or you can go here. ClockworkMod ROM Manager - Recoveries Download which one you desire (.img) and then use fastboot. (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img) and it will push the new CWM to your phone

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Wait real quick. Can I push the .zip file? The original file i pushed was a .img file? please advise.

no. You need to download the (.img) for fastboot not the (.zip)
.zips are flashed using your recovery.

when you have debugging enable it allows the phone full communication with the comp using fastboot. You can pull files off or put them on with fastboot.
Doc: fastboot intro - CyanogenMod
http://androidforums.com/one-s-all-things-root/714676-list-fastboot-command.html

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
just wondering.. is the primou version of this pacman rom compatible with htc one v?

EDIT: just read the title of the thread lol oops... i still have problems flashing this rom though....

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae