HTC One V VM CDMA Boot Loop Help

thesnowman1300

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I am In serious need of some help.

My problem is that my device boots up to the HTC logo with the red writing then the lightning bolt shows and the short boot video plays but the sound is all distorted and cuts out half way through. Then it reboots. This is an endless and annoying cycle so I hold power + volume down and run fastboot to get the shutdown option.

Here is what I did.

I was trying to root my device so I unlocked the bootloader. I then was going to use r1-primo-cdma-superboot.zip but my computer was having trouble downloading the file and I ended up getting redirected to Tweaked Stock Boot.img I then flashed the device with fastboot and that .img file and got a broken phone as a result.

Since then I have tried many things including the RUU but I wasn't sure what one to use so I tried multiple RUU files that sounded right however I kept getting "error 115 : Unknown Error" when trying to recover.

I am more than happy to provide any information and I understand some is needed to properly diagnose the issue but I am not sure what information is needed or how to access it.

Also I downloaded PACman v15.3 primoc inyourface09.zip and flashed the kernel. Before I did that I only got the HTC boot image on startup. After flasing the kernel the boot loop included the lightning bolt and short boot video with distorted sound. I could not flash the ROM though because the "/sdcard" dir is an internal directory and the actual sd card dir is "/sd-ext" so the bootloader cant do it. I also tried sideloading the PACman.zip with "adb sideload PACman.zip" with no luck.

Sorry to just throw all this out there but I really don't know what else to do I have been trying to figure this out for 3 days straight lol so I look forward to hearing any advice at all.

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Try the ruu again to start over. Before you begin, load into fastboot and using your pc relock the bootloader by using fastboot with the command "fastboot oem lock" without quotes.

If phone reboots go back into fastboot and start the ruu. It should return you to stock. Then you'll have to start over with unlocking bootloader and all that good stuff. Just make sure while your on stock you don't install the update from htc as it has a newer radio firmware which is not compatible with most, if not all of the custom roms.

And when installing your rom make sure you get a good download and use the recommended boot image

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2