Can Roms be changed to different devices?

kaley25

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone I wanted to know if its possible to use Roms on other device for example using a htc x custom Rom on a htc one v phone is that possible or does that some how ruin your phone. If anybody has tried that is the results!

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2

sellersj27

May 30, 2012
Visit site
The ROM is particular to the phone. You can not interchange them between devices! When you see a ROM that has been ported...that is exactly what it means; a dev took a ROM from a one x and ported it to the one v.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

kaley25

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
By the way have you tried the provision Rom have you had problems sending pic messeges? How where you able to fix it I'm having the issue that I send a pic messege and it just stays on sending and never gets send.i have tried reseting my device but no luck at all, How can I fix this?

sellersj27

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Provision is my favorite ROM! I've never had problems with MMS or data. What were your exact steps when you installed it?

kaley25

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I erased dalvik cache, factory/data erase and partition erased. Then I installed provision Rom from sd card and after it was done I flashed boot.img. that was in zipfolder of provision Rom.

sellersj27

May 30, 2012
Visit site
I always wipe system as well....I don't want any residual data anywhere causing issues. Did you install gapps?

sellersj27

May 30, 2012
Visit site
It may be worth a fresh wipe and install. I always do ROM, boot IMG, then gapps.

kaley25

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
But if I do that how can I get settings and apps back up to my device I do have a nandroid backup

sellersj27

May 30, 2012
Visit site
I use 'my backup pro'. It saves apks and data....settings would need to be redone. Whenever you copy settings, bad things happen!

Last edited: