Help Installing Software Update

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I tried rooting and flashing my phone, but when I rebooted, I got to the screen that says this is a development build, and it stopped there. So I then reset the phone to factory settings. But I've noticed that now the software is 1.08 instead of one point 10. So I've asked the phone to check for a system update, and it sees it and will even download it, but when I reboot the phone it still comes back to the message this is a development build etc., etc. So then I rebooted again and it's still at 1.08. Any ideas?

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Did you try relocking the bootloader? IIRC it will display that message so long as the bootloader is unlocked. It might also say that if you're not running stock firmware on it.

Also, if you've flashed a rom that's not stock you don't want to use the phones upgrade feature. You should always upgrade non-stock roms by flashing them in recovery.

If you need to go back to stock find the radio downgrade thread and find the stock firmware for your phone and follow the directions. Those stock firmwares are the RUU ones. There's instructions in that thread on how to install them as well.